Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Purpose: Create and drive an end to end global planning mindset for adidas that enables optimal decision-making for global supply requirements based on
real customer product demand
- Drive the global planning process to be an integrated end to end solution that
incorporates real demand data as a catalyst to providing global capacity needs to our
tier 1 and tier 2 manufacturers.
- Create an end to end Planning strategy that best services Sales Subsidiaries’ supply
real demand requirements given supplier base capabilities. Service by influencing
Development, Materials and Sourcing strategies.
- Support Corporate objectives by developing aligned supply chain measurement
(KPIs) with peer organizations. Design, implement, and document Global
Supply Planning systems, policies and procedures to meet KPI targets.
- Understand work drivers. Define organizational structure, set objectives, manage
workloads and results to achieve objectives while adopting best practices and
creating continuous process improvement.
- Provide training, coaching, professional growth, and career planning for worldwide
Global Supply Planning personnel.
- Manage working relationships across the complete supply network, facilitating
consistency between expectations and capabilities through proactive communication
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Build a seasonal supply model balancing customer demand with capacity
constraints, level loading requirements, import and quota restrictions and corporate
- Oversee the forecast and demand management process from Marketing and Sales
Subsidiary forecasts through actual orders; understand the impact forecast accuracy
has on development allocation and Management Delivery Performance and develop
forecast strategies and processes which support KPI improvements.
- Support the design and implementation of reporting tools to effectively measure and
proactively manage Global Supply Planning performance.
- Coordinate Global Supply Planning systems requirements with GIT. Provide input
into project priorities and resource allocation.
- With the Global Operations team, define and implement strategies and processes
which bring product to market faster and more efficiently.
- Support a global sourcing strategy based on the needs of the business. Define and
communicate sourcing requirements based on customer demand and anticipated
product mix. Provide key performance indicators to facilitate supplier evaluation and
strategic sourcing decisions.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on the
areas of business, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or
- Five to eight years experience in logistics, supply chain or production planning,
preferably in the Accessories, Apparel, or Footwear industries.
- Four to six years experience with Supply Chain Planning and Execution software
applications, particularly i2 SCP, SAP/APO and SAP/AFS.
Knowledge of MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Pow