The Vice President – Global Talent Acquisition will be a true visionary, innovator and strong business operator when it comes to Talent Acquisition.
Combining strategic, transformational thinking with excellent execution, the successful candidate will be an inspiring coach to a global team of 200 with 8 direct reports.
With transferable experience from leading a talent transformation for a global organisation, the role will elevate the talent mindset among our 14,000+ hiring managers and command the confidence and support from leaders to take our global TA function on a journey to be ‘best in class’. The role is based at our global HQ in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Set vision, strategy and goals for all aspects of talent acquisition including graduate, professional and executive search.
- Lead and grow a global talent acquisition team whilst improving capability and delivering on hiring needs across the region.
- Establish and continuously evolve an effective recruitment process, practices and standards that provide high quality experiences for candidates and hiring managers.
- Achieve strategic and operational goals for the organisation across all aspects of talent acquisition including the development of models and methodologies to support future trends and business growth.
- Manage and influence senior level business and functional leaders to ensure overall business objectives are met and the resources necessary to recruit talent are acquired.
- Leverage analytical and operational capabilities across strategy formulation, business planning and implementation of key priorities for the talent needs of the business.
- Work with global leadership team across talent acquisition and talent to define and execute the direction and evolution of the overall talent acquisition function.
- Lead, mentor and develop the talent acquisition organisation.
- Partner with HR and business leaders in the identification and prioritisation of current and future talent needs and the deployment of a recruiting strategy to support that.
- Regularly assess future talent needs and partner with business and finance to ensure appropriate budgeting is in place to support recruiting demand.
- Establish and maintain market and industry expertise including a comprehensive view of trends and competitors to help identify opportunities to improve talent acquisition results.
- Drive the implementation of global initiatives through collaborative partnerships with regional counterparts, HR and additional teams within the overall talent function.
- Act as a role model in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as adidas Fair Play Code of conduct and other internal policies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise the workload of multiple teams.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and executive level client management skills.
- Thought leadership to guide adidas to continually upgrade the talent mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high of comfort communicating across cultures and markets.
- Demonstrated ability to build core recruiting capabilities including sourcing, assessment and candidate experience.
- Strong project management skills and proven success leading teams to achieve goals and deliver into standards.
- Ability to manage change, problem solve and influence hiring behavior.
- Ability to set clear goals and deliver into key objectives consistently.
- Demonstrated people and team leadership skills and the ability to lead people towards achieving objectives.
- Strong ability to work with senior level executives to influence decisions and obtain resources required to deliver into objectives.
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration skills including the ability to set clear goals, involve others in decision making and building productive relationships.
- Demonstrates a very high level of confidence by setting high expectations for personal and team performance, the self-awareness and desire to learn and grow as a leader and the ability inspire and empower others to deliver and contribute.
- Constantly seeks new and innovative solutions, creates an environment that fosters creativity and risk taking and has the ability to turn ideas into actions.
- Minimum 10 years leading global recruiting teams across different markets/functions including virtual team leadership.
- Experience working within an HQ location as well as a market/regional location.
- Strong stakeholder management and stakeholder engagement experience including influencing senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability contributing towards the development of and driving global initiatives as well as embedding them at the functional/market level.