Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Input and participate in the development of the business strategies and operations of the respective Market. Continuously identify and recommend all necessary actions to improve the financial performance and efficiency of the business. Drive, track and support management of yearly targets.
- Act as a role model in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as the adidas Fair Play Code of Conduct and other internal policies.
Business Partner Role + FP&A
- Together with the GM/MD of the country/country cluster, is responsible for and proactively manages the balance sheet, cashflow and P & L on a monthly basis to maximize the return for adidas
- Drive value creation through helping the business make better operational and strategic decisions
- Ensure the controlling and forecasting and provision of a critical view on all the business drivers, contributing to the achievement of targets and the continuous improvement of the financial performance
- Ongoing input from a financial perspective for business decision-making, e.g. optimum transfer pricing model, sales compensation structure, sales terms, accounts receivable aging, inventory levels, clearance and phase-out evaluation
- Establish processes to closely manage key financial parameters of sales, including returns, inventory turns, DSO and cash flow to achieve annual targets
- Proactively manage the balance sheet and P & L on a monthly basis to maximize the return for adidas group
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of all key financials, both internally and internationally.
- Lead the yearly budgeting process and establish alignment with the respective departments and with Group
- Proactively identify, evaluate and drive opportunities to reduce costs
Internal Controls & Policies
- Secure strong internal controls over assets and compliance with Group policies.
- Ensure audit and compliance with Group finance manual of the key financial, control and approval processes.
- Responsible for the implementation of the annual global Control Self-Assessment (“CSA”) process to facilitate ongoing adherence to policies and best practices.
- Ensure provision of regulatory financial information and governance of all legal entities to the respective tax and financial institutions
- Will serve as the key interface for external and internal audit with primary responsibility for adherence to policy and legal regulations.
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the HQ report and statutory accounts.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for creating or enhancing business processes or procedures in order to improve control and/or efficiency, e.g. inventory controls, returns
- Ensure all standards and process of the Global Profit Protection activities are applied
- Ensure provision of credit control of all customers and drive cash collection within the agreed targets
- Interaction with Group Functions (e.g. Tax, Treasury, Commercial Finance, Group Reporting & Planning, Group Accounting)
- Facilitator on a market level for global initiatives resulting of the activities of Tax, Treasury, Insurance etc.
- Ensure all internal reporting needs are met
- Define organizational structure, set objectives, and manage workloads and results to achieve goals while adopting best practices and achieving continuous process improvement.
- Ensure high employee engagement at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training, and development of personnel in the team.
- All other VPs and Senior Directors
- Group Finance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business analytical and numerical skills (with a proven business acumen)
- Strong managerial and operational skills
- Strong execution skills
- High sense of organisation and precision
- Project and process management skills
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop Finance team
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business management
- Minimum of 5-8 years in finance department in controlling and accounting functions as Head of Department
- Board or management team experience
- International experience and track record
- Preferably knowledge of adidas and Global IT organization and processes
- Language skills: fluent in English spoken and written