Purpose: Selects, develops, and implements licensed trims for apparel products that adhere to guidelines of price, sourcing policy, timelines, marketing concepts, and quality standards as set by adidas.
- Coordinates the internal and external development and selection process
- Builds and maintains a close relationship with Design, Garment Development, Materials Procurement, Product Management and Suppliers to monitor the development process to ensure products meet adidas quality standards and design intent.
- Ensures that all selected trims are tested and approved by adidas quality assurance department prior to production launch
- Follows up and maintains databases with regards to accessory qualities and maintains and updates RMS (adidas database) for all trims.
- Sets up and maintains a trim library
- Ensures all relevant developments and data are distributed to the respective parties within the timelines in Licensed calendar
- Product Development
- Material Procurement
- Material Suppliers
- Material Quality
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and to lead discussions in small and larger groups,
- Strong team player with the ability to work with diverse groups of people in a productive manner.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including the MS Office suite and the ability to quickly learn and use internal systems/software.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple completing projects under a deadline.
- Ability to work on a team or independently
- Proven skill at problem solving and continual innovation.
- Ability to travel, domestically as required.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree with coursework in apparel and/or textiles desired.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience considered in place of degree.