adidas Global Business Services (GBS) is the engine to drive the transformation to ONE adidas. It is the company's operational backbone, throughdelivering standard global services, focusing on enhancing customer user experience, and providing consistent skills and quality.
It delivers high quality services in the areas of Order to Cash (O2C), Source To Pay (S2P), Record to Report (R2R), Controlling & Reporting and HR Services for adidas companies and subsidiaries located in Europe, North America and Latin America.
As our success journey continues, adidas Porto keeps learning, keeps moving and keeps growing. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
GBS Transition Management is responsible for managing and supporting country transitions to the GBS operating model whilst ensuring business continuity.
The Transition Manager will coordinate the transition of services currently provided across either Finance, Non-Trade Procurement or Human Resources, from where they are currently delivered in functions or markets, to one of the GBS Operations Centers in Dalian or Porto.
He or she will coordinate across both the outbound and inbound transition, working with the function or Market currently delivering the service, the relevant Process Excellence team in GBS to standardise, improve or automate the service where possible, and the operational teams in the Operations Centers who are receiving the services.
The Transition Manager is not expected to be an expert on the processes and services being transitioned, and may be assigned to transition projects in any functional area. He or she will need to make sure the relevant experts from the outbound area as well as the Process Excellence team in GBS are engaged and deployed to the project to provide this input.
The Transition Manager will deploy the standard GBS transition methodology, ensuring that impact, size and timing are well understood, and will track and ensure the realisation of targeted benefits.
- Manage the transition of services from functions or markets to GBS
- Provide team members with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs
- Manage and coordinate outbound and inbound transition teams during transition period
- Escalation and issue management of transition project activity
- Drive the exception decision process to prompt closure
- Develop and ensure effective use of established transition tools and methodologies
- Lead additional projects for further process improvements in the global process area or operation to support the establishment of shared services specific tools.
- Lead by example a cross-functional collaboration, create a motivating working atmosphere and actively drive the change management to ensure aligned, consistent communication, a respectful and friendly working relationship in challenging times
- Management team in market or function e.g. FD (outbound)
- Operations management team in GBS center (including inbound transition resource)
- Relevant Process Excellence team
- GBS Change Management team
- GBS PMO
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Pro- active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with different international cultures
- Business mindset: Very good numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- Good experience to manage projects on a global level
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English (verbal and written),
- Strong planning and organization skills, and ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines
- Excellent communication, people management and change management skills in order to negotiate with internal and/or external parties with divergent interests
- Cultural awareness and working in international environment.
- Proven ability to lead beyond own area of direct responsibility to achieve results within wider organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to information requests from senior executives, stakeholders, cross functional business leaders, peers and customers
- High degree of self-management, enthusiasm, drive to perform
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration, or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive work experience in mid to large scale project or program management
- Ideally PMI certified
Sound good? Apply directly and be part of our tomorrow.
Please upload the English version of your application documents.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES