Purpose: The Embroidery Trainer is responsible for reinforcing training material and best practices. Mentoring/training new hires on machines, as well as coaching existing staff. This position will work with all Manufacturing associates with the goal of driving efficiency improvements through consistent training, knowledge transfer, and follow-up.
- Will be accountable for taking each new staff member through the entire Embroidery department curriculum, teaching the basics of the machines, vocabulary, and working with them on their first days on equipment.
- This person will be responsible for following up on trainees ensuring best practice is being followed.
- Will understand how to execute and produce all Embroidery processes adidas INDY offers.
- Ensure all training documentation regarding best practices, safety protocol, and new hire orientation is current.
- Maintain clear documentation on associate trends including initial training sessions and follow up sessions
- Conduct group demonstrations on the manufacturing floor regarding new processes, training updates, and new hire orientations.
- Research industry trends/innovations and communicate to Mgmt. where applicable
- Maintain consistent communication with internal R&D regarding new processes garment types and/or products.
- Translate standards/pay variables to ensure associates understand how efficiencies are calculated.
- Become proficient operating all adidas INDY Embroidery equipment
- Train all new employees on Embroidery level production and best practices ensuring the ability to meet adidas production and quality standards.
- Responsible for continuous development of skills and techniques with existing employees, specifically lower performing associates.
- Lead/track coaching sessions and clearly communicate progress with Embroidery management.
- Will give directives on changes made in our process, new techniques and important troubleshooting notes to the lead trainer and training operators on all shifts.
- Support and participate in creating a 6S culture. Ensuring all 6S/ lean manufacturing principles are being followed and sustained.
- Training Manager
- Embroidery Managers
- Embroidery Supervisors
- New Hires
- Manufacturing associates
- Manufacturing Sr. Management
- Production Art/R&D
- All associates performing at 75% or better
- Reduce turnover to 20%
- Reduce set-up time
- Improve impressions produced per hour
- Reduce reject rate
- Unified training program across a 24/7 business
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills including Power point, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to track and document results.
- Ability to interpret and translate data to the production floor.
- Ability to learn the operation of production equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both from an individual and group standpoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written in English
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of a HS Diploma
- Demonstrable experience in leading teams and/or training personnel.