Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Manager Transport & Logistics – Documentation & Carrier Management is responsible for reviewing, validating and updating global documentations under a consistent and effective model. He/She also requires for managing and executing carrier activities in origins in accordance with the tender requirements.
- Review, validate and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Shipping Manual and Shipping Instructions, to ensure the actual end-to-end logistics operations are documented. Ensure consistency across all documents.
- Work closely with the assigned subsidiaries and global logistics team members to ensure requirements are well understood and safeguarded in the various documents. Manage stakeholders on following best practices and global standards.
- Ensure that new change requests are validated and agree to changes by liaising with the affected logistics service providers.
- Develop an effective platform and tool to maintain and update all types of documents.
- Drive overall SOP Compliance audits through the origin operations team members to validate SOP compliance from our carriers and 3PL's. Build and maintain a scoring tool to reflect the level of compliance.
Origin Carrier Management
- Develop and maintain a carrier allocation process with the origin 3PL's across all origins. Ensure the volume consumption is fulfilled and aligned with the result from the tender allocation.
- Drive the allocation consumption process, providing visibility down to trade lane level, and giving relevant feedback to stakeholders (destination team, markets) and the Procurement Team, for them to take appropriate actions to secure increase/decrease sufficient capacity consumed for the entire tender period.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Allocate the different topics and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of systems, data and analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Legal objectives.
- Supply Chain Management teams
- Sourcing / Liaison Offices
- Local IT
- Global Logistics Service Provider & Carrier Portfolio
- Sourcing management / Liaison Offices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good planning and organizational skills, and ability to work and deliver on time in changing environments
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, including structured and detailed problem solving methodologies
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and in writing, to interact effectively and efficiently with internal stakeholders and external logistics service providers
- Self-motivated and highly driven
- Sound business sense and good judgement capabilities
- Team player
- Knowledge of logistics’ computer applications, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and MS-Access.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and other relevant languages (e.g. German), if required
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or operations; MBA a plus
- +5 years of work experience, ideally in an apparel/fashion supply chain management or a fast-moving logistics environment, particularly related to supplier/contract, project and supply chain management including an overall logistics responsibility.
- Experience in multi-national transportation logistics and project management with the drive and energy to implement change.