Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Credit Controller is responsible to ensure timely collection and best receivables structure aligned with the targets achievement. The holder of the position is also required to drive continuous improvement of all credit management related processes in cooperation with all involved parties in order to increase efficiency.
- To update accounting system with transfers from customers on a daily basis.
- Passing accounting journal entries & maintaining supporting documents.
- Handling bank transactions related to Accounts Receivables especially the timely deposits of PDC, L/C & L/G.
- Updating customer related logs to maintain high level of control.
- Following up on L/C discrepancies and communicating the same to the relevant teams.
- Liaising with other departments in terms of customer related issues.
- Keeping customer files with accurate information by filing credit limit amendments.
- Support managing the credit risk for all Teams as well as external customers.
- Assist with monthly / yearly closing of AR books and support reporting.
- Ensure the credit notes are appropriately approved before issuance.
- Prepare reports such as Aging, Collection Report, Credit Note Analysis for Sales Teams and ensure that the Senior Management is informed timely and accurately about any noteworthy developments.
- Answer all ad hoc requests related to Credit Management on a timely basis with an excellent service mentality to internal customers such as Sales Team, Customer Service, Operations and Marketing.
- Follow up the collection process of Accounts Receivable and develop adequate action steps
- Give full support to the external auditors for all AR related questions.
- DSO: Average days taken to collect the receivables.
- Overdue %: Efficiency in collection of receivables. <20% target per global guidelines.
- Global: Ad hoc dealing with Group Accounting and adidas subsidiaries.
- Regional: Communication with Emerging Markets adidas subsidiaries on intercompany transactions.
- Sales Teams (Wholesale & Franchise) / Customer Service of adidas & Reebok.
- Operations Team especially Order Book Fulfillment
- External: Customers, Banks, KPMG
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A good team player with an international mindset.
- Accounting knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration – Accounting & Finance.
- Functional: >3 years in credit control or accounting
- Industry: ideally apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG