Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
- Responsible for the management of the Technical information for the Footwear Development process. Responsible to create and collaborate technical information with Design, Marketing, FW Development and Sourcing teams in order to provide effective transition of footwear designs into prototypes all the way through Commercialization.
- Analyze, Create and/or organize the constructions of 2D/3D models and patterns to be used for the technical product description.
- Support the Product Team by analyzing designs for manufacturability, production and material properties, offering economic and efficient solutions to achieve cost targets.
- Actively participate in cross-training for CAD and Pattern engineering with the goal to provide customers in Design and Development with the complete range of technical product data (Uppers and Bottoms).
- Collaborate with Sourcing to enable them to execute product demands.
- Conduct tear down meetings (i.e. with Product testing, Development) to ensure that each shoe is engineered and constructed to meet adidas quality standards.
- Mentor new employees in technical product development by teaching them about adidas specific technical standards, processes and systems related to the Tech Package creation
- Able to evaluate work processes for future improvements in close communication with the Sourcing team in Asia.
- Offer technical solutions to the team taking into consideration cost and manufacturing constraints.
- Increase the speed and efficiency of processes by eliminating non value adding steps and try to execute “Right the First Time”
- Use the internal Database to keep track of the constructions during the development process
- Support and guide Technician Footwear in the team in all aspects of Technical Management.
- FW Development
- Tier 1 supply partners
- Material Development
- Product Creation Technology
- Fit and Wear Test Department
- Quality Assurance
- Supply Chain Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive CAD work experience. Rhino preferred, other 2D-3D CAD applications, Crispin for Pattern engineering.
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Fluent in English; German an advantage
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree or comparable education as a technical drafter, mold maker, model maker or Pattern engineer
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience preferred
- Knowledge about mold making and shoe making process preferred
- Progressive work experience in CAD. Rhino preferred, other 2D-3D CAD applications, Crispin for Pattern Engineering.