To design market right products for the adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
Achieving creative goals by delivering technical design support for visualization and execution. Manage and track the information flow by strong communication towards Design, Project Management, Marketing within a defined product group.
- Apply the creative strategy and execute the creative vision in a product range for the category
- Support the creative process to make sure that the final products meet Business Unit commercial and image objectives.
- Work closely with Marketing to understand opportunities in the market and the category’s strategic long-term business plan.
- Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
- Provide constructive feedback to peers to offer improvements and support other team members in peak Design phases.
- Work closely with Development to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization.
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding the ranges and products designed by the designer.
- Ensure proper handover of sketches into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks …
- Manage the creation of technical drawings, colour CADs and final presentations for the Design Team.
- Archive and distribute final, correct designs to both internal and external partners.
- Key contact person in Design for all technical and executive support.
- Follow up on changes and product developments during the creative process
- Collaborate to enable executing product demands.
- Interact with Design Marketing and Development parties to meet timelines.
Knowledge, Capabilties and Experience:
- Computer skills on Apple Mac or PC (Adobe Illustrator, Freehand, Photo Shop)
- Passion for Design
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge of product development, material and trims
- Offer and execute technical /CAD support to apparel related needs.
- Create technical product drawings on a high quality level.
- Create colour CADs and merchandizing boards based on design and marketing input.
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between Design, Marketing and Development for all technical issues and questions regarding the ranges and products handled by the Design Team
- Quality and detail of work extremely important
- Own and communicate key milestones & timelines x the team.
- Extensive CAD skills
- Fluent in English (word and writing)
- Computer skills on Apple Mac or PC (Adobe Illustrator, Photo Shop)
- Product knowledge with a clear understanding of visualizing design concepts
- Degree or finalized education in Footwear Industry with focus on technical approach (garment engineer, apparel technician, Pattern maker, fashion designer or garment developer)
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience