Key Accountabilities (List the 5-10 major areas of responsibility for role)
- Create line art, color cads and 3D sketches for Apparel.
- Create production kits for apparel design and graphics.
- Create separation artwork for provided graphics and trims
- Create, establish, maintain, and nurture the design direction of final presentations and finishing of product.
- Collaborates with design, marketing and development regarding color schemes, color stories, and placement ideas based on trends, reaction to fabric/materials, and Brand Objectives..
- Own and track project status by partnering with development, marketing and design. Follow through to the end of the project troubleshooting and facilitating as needed.
- Archive and distribute final, correct designs and design kits to both internal and external customers.
- Create PowerPoint, Keynote and Flash Presentations and present to both internal and external customers.
- Travel to the market place and research colour and trend information. Recognize and apply appropriate trend information to specific categories.
- Provide Designs for key projects.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Expertly skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Highly skilled in InDesign, Flash, PowerPoint is desired, but not necessary.
- Good knowledge of apparel construction and graphics creation.
- Advanced knowledge of art and design with clear understanding of visual design concepts, including color mixing, color compatibility, and color placement.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Solid influence and collaboration skills
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Quality and detail of work extremely important.
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience)
- Two year degree from an accredited art school;
- Two years related experience and /or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree.