Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Provide technical WMS & WCS support and guidance to the DC operations. Work closely with DC Operations to enhance their abilities, performance and quality in use of the warehouse management & control system in order to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- • Develop training tools & train key WMS/WCS users to effectively utilize the systems and enhance performance.
- • Consults with operations management, and advises of WMS, WCS, Detego (RFID), all MHE, and supporting software applications needing development, modification and improvements.
- • Provide assistance to the user community in resolving routine application problems in the day to day activities, 1st level of support.
- • Maintains a working level of expertise of all DC MHE to include WMS, WCS, Detego, cubiscan and supporting software applications to ensure effective assistance by collaborating with WMS programmers and developers.
- • Manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding all DC MHE, and supporting software application performance issues.
- • Makes recommendation for the enhancement of all DC MHE equipment, and supporting software applications to maintain the integrity of business expectations and performance standards.
- • Routinely audits the WMS user community to ensure the correct use of written process and procedures.
- • Train new users on WMS procedures, maintain a working knowledge of all DC SOP’s
- • Monitor operations use of the WMS system to identify non-compliance to SOP’s
- • Provide SAP support as needed
- • Sr Director Distribution, distribution managers & supervisors, programmers and developers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to conduct WMS training, create & updates documents/manuals and collaborates with all levels of management regarding WMS interfaces and uses.
2. Ability to work with multiple platforms and warehouse applications including SAP, Manhattan, Knapp, utilizing desk top computers, PC’s, hand held devices and material handling equipment.
3. The job requires extensive walking and standing on hard surfaces
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project (intermediate or higher level)
6. High degree of analytical skills.
7. Onboarding will be in Spartanburg, SC for 2 - 4 weeks, then transition to operating full time in the Wilkes Barre, PA DTC DC.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
1. College degree preferred
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a large box distribution center environment with pick pack operations, high sku count in a complex high speed operation. Relevant industry experience is a plus.
3. WMS experience required
4. SAP experience is preferred