Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Work closely with DC Operations to enhance their abilities, performance and quality in use of the warehouse management & control system to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Work closely with DC operation to drive new ideas from conception through requirement analysis, design, test, and build end to end implementation strategy with clear hand off to operations while maintaining strategic partnership to support as needed.
- Works closely with Industrial Engineer to evaluate optimization opportunities through analysis of process improvement impacts and help operations prioritize initiatives.
- Maintains expert knowledge of WMS (Manhattan), WCS (Knapp), RFID (Detego), and MHE system behaviors to drive modification and improvements.
- Makes recommendation for the enhancement of all DC equipment and supporting software applications to maintain the integrity of business expectations and performance standards.
- Engage/participate WMS user community to ensure the correct use of written process and procedures.
- Manages order allocation process to ensure issues are identified quickly, solutions are tested, and implemented to enhance operations performance and quality meets or exceed performance expectations.
- Supports order pool management to facilitate research and functional support to enhance operations performance and quality meets or exceed performance expectations.
- Support reporting requests as needed to help identify trends and highlight areas of opportunity.
- Support training key WMS/WCS users to effectively utilize the systems and enhance performance as needed.
Operations, Application Support Teams, Industrial Engineering, Offsite Counterparts, Manager Business Process Improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with multiple platforms and warehouse applications including SAP, Manhattan Open Systems, Knapp, utilizing desk top computers, PC’s, hand held devices and material handling equipment.
- The job requires extensive walking and standing on hard surfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project (intermediate or higher level), SCI reporting & analytic tools such as MicroStrategy
- High degree of analytical skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
1. College degree preferred
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a large box distribution center environment with pick pack operations, high sku count in a complex high speed operation. Relevant industry experience is a plus.