This role is responsible for driving and enabling the Performance Business Unit's (BU) strategic objectives through identifying, developing and assessing strategic opportunities. The Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives reports directly to the SVP of the Performance BU and supports his senior leadership team in the development of BU business plans, analysis of BU data, driving key strategic cross-functional projects as well as delivering market and consumer insights that influence business decisions
- Partners with the SVP/GM and leadership team on the development of strategic Performace BU business plans
- Identify strategic opportunities across the BU that will drive top line growth and commercial viability.
- Drives BU strategic initiatives for SVP/GM by tracking various projects, following up with involved parties, prioritizing projects, and making informed decisions on key initiatives.
- Leverages consumer insights and market research (customer and industry trends) resources to deliver insights that support executive decision making and influence BU planning.
- Conducts business and operational analyses to support senior management decision making
- Manage stakeholders across business areas in order to integrate business data & strategic insights that drive and optimize business planning
- Project analysis, fact-based decision making, process orientation, process re-engineering and/or design, effective meeting management and project management.
- Create and/or update presentations for GM including the story line, slideshow preparation, creation of speaking notes, coordination of materials and content from key stakeholders and research as required
- Planning, preparation, coordination, and execution of leadership meetings with duties including advance agenda preparation, collecting and organizing relevant information from necessary parties, preparation of needed documents, communication of meeting expectations of all involved parties, taking notes and creating/following up on action items and agreements
- Manage BU communications including the creation of memos, planning and support for quarterly meetings, coordination with key stakeholders
- Develop and implement planning and project management processes
- Management and completion of ad-hoc projects and duties as they arise
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strategic business and financial acumen as well as understand how the BU strategy drives the Brand direction and strategy
- Strong operational and analytical skills, with a strategic and action-oriented mind-set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and drive initiatives across the BU and Brand
- Capacity to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of people (C suite to apprentices), build relationships, be diplomatic, and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the dynamics of a complex organization
- Excellent Powerpoint and presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize complex and diverse data
- Experience formulating actionable business cases and recommendations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- 10+ years related business experience required
- Experience leading large-scale cross-functional strategic initiatives in a global organziation
- Experience working in the consumer goods industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel