At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This role is responsible for maximising the profitability of DTC by building and driving commercial strategies. Responsibilities include implementing merchandising best practise to ensure delivery of specific trading activity in conjunction with key strategic business goals. A key focus of this role also lies in training and developing the team to ensure merchandising best practise and excellence is maintained and implemented.
- Lead Merchandising KPI´s for the DTC channel such as: Standard Margin, Weeks Cover, Net Sales @ FP, Sell Thru, Full Price Sell Thru, exclusives, Marketing Campaign Investment, Speed, Option Turn, Promise Attribute, Franchise Investment and have a buy check with the partner at the end of the season to maximize the profitability of the adidas Group in the country and give the best product experience to consumers
- Drive range and assortment planning strategy for the Retail & Franchise Channel to ensure brand strategies and commercial success that affect in a positive way the top and bottom line
- Align a category based Open-To-Buy (OTB) plan (pre-season product planning, option planning, range planning, demand planning) to reduce inventories and have a healthy stock turn
- Drive constant improvements in Allocation and Replenishment (A&R) techniques to ensure the correct execution of the buying strategy and increase conversion rate
- Drive a set of key merchandising reports that help evaluate the business goals and ensure this is rolled out within the departments to maximize business opportunities
- Lead the end-to-end in season management including management of best sellers and worst sellers, in season stock cover management, in season reactivity and sales to space management using the tools available to maximize the profitability of the adidas Group in the country and give the best product experience to consumers
- Drive the strategy and execution of end of season management to increase Standard Margin, Stock turn and Channel profitability
- Drive store categorization project for Retail and Franchise in LAM to create synergies between channels and improve consumer experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Specialist in business or technical skills with detailed knowledge in some areas of work or systems.
- Broad & deep knowledge in own functional area, combining theoretical and practical knowledge
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 7 years experience
- As manager of Experts 0 – 2 years management experience required
- As manager of Admin / Tech Support minimum of 3 years management experience required
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.