At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Drive the Buying and Planning strategy for the Market across the brand's own e-commerce (ECOM) channel. Lead and orchestrate the pre-season Planning and Buying and in-season Allocation and Trading for ECOM, driving execution and securing a holistic approach aligned with global guidelines. Ensure the achievement of market KPIs and global guidelines.
- Build. Lead, manage a 12 person team focused on buying and planning for a $500 million to $1.5 billion business.
- Key member of the global/local eCom leadership team continuously optimizing an eCommerce experience which will have 1 billion visits in 2020.
- Lead the continuous evolution of eCommerce buying and planning process through leveraging internal and external networks to define optimization opportunities and best practices. Evaluate continuously drive learnings and improvement into global and market teams to evolve our global and local buying and planning processes to maximise full price sell through
- Manage teams leading size breakdowns for e-com assuring they are created according to market needs and incorporated in the buying process. Continuously evolve size breakdowns focused on optimizing conversion considering geo, product type, sport, gender, and brand nuance
- Manage allocation strategy and teams to assure that .com store needs are covered by a complex fulfillment landscape including multiple DC’s and physical stores.
- Manage teams leading in-season replenishment of stocks according to .com store(s) performance
- Lead market seasonal stock position assuring the right volumes are available in .com store(s) and related distribution centers
- Define and continuously optimize a pre-season strategy for OTB Planning & Management for e-com channel following the market financial targets.
- Following Channel Ranges provided by Market CTC Assortment Plan teams, lead buying process for e-com channel and assure right volumes are bought following market OTB plans which optimizes conversion and provides the most premium product experience in the industry.
- Lead market trading, assuring timely sales forecast by product for the chain, stock intakes, and in-season markdowns
- Lead input to Market CTC Assortment Planning teams in regards to range needs by cluster
- Global Sales & Retail Operations
- Global CTC DTC teams (inc. Global FO teams)
- Global CTC Pricing & Segmentation teams
- Global DBC team
- Market CTC (esp. Assortment Planning and Price Architecture)
- Market Finance teams
- Market Op teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a strong skill set needed for pre-season Planning and Buying for a multichannel direct-to-consumer (own retail, franchise, and e-com) global brand, acquired through advanced training, studies, and relevant working experience, with at least 5 years in eCommerce/online.
- Broad knowledge of merchandising and retail supply and operations topics and good knowledge of other functional areas involved in the Planning & Buying process
- Data centric mindset with proven ability to leverage disparate online/offline data sources to optimize micro and macro decision making.
- Experience in Leading and Developing Teams - ensure organizational efficiency through effective motivation, training and development of the internal teams using prior experience(s) in people management and foster strong relationships and team spirit.
- Good understanding of brand building and consumer perspective
- Strong influencer and natural collaborator
- Holistic thinker – establish and drive end-to-end strategies and initiatives encompassing multiple functions
- Manage the Business (processes, budgets, & projects)
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and a minimum 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.