At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Responsible for managing and creating the total adidas BU NEO apparel line and establishing functional and aesthetic designs on a seasonal basis for the category.
- Design and manage the creation process of the BU NEO apparel line.
- Create concept, colour, materials and trim boards in line with Designer Director's direction.
- Maintain consistency throughout the product line with the identity of adidas BU NEO
- Manage, set goals, monitor progress, offer help and critique work for the Design team
- Execution of category design direction.
- Work closely with Marketing to understand opportunities in the market
- Work closely with Development , Tech Services, and Product Testing to
- Resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization.
- Research functional criteria for product.
- Presentation of ideas for product range
- Maintain communication with superiors
- Insure proper compliance of brand identity marks and usage on product
- Maintain current and accurate records of individual work
- Work with factories and suppliers
- Team player
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of pattern making and material consumption, fabric and trim usage
- Expertise and knowledge about details such as embroideries, prints, material washing standards
- Excellent communicational skills in English
- Presentation skills to present design concepts internally as well as externally to clearly explain design ideas from concept to finalization
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or university degree (B.A.) in industrial design and at least four years related work experience in apparel design
- Passion for apparel design.
- Practical experience in an apparel design environment
- Strong knowledge of apparel design with strong feeling for fabrication, colour, trims and relevant innovation.
- Background in Design of woven garments, pants, and Jackets but also knowledge in Knits and Sweaters,
- Strong Knowledge of fit, fabric, washing's and finishing's
- Knowledge of Macintosh computer and design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.