Please note applicants must have legal rights to work in Australia. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for this role.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
We are looking for candidates who are closely associated with Sport and have the ability to connect and engage with current and prospective teams and athletes. You need to be confident, able to connect with a broad range of personality types, leverage off sport knowledge and marketing concepts, and become the face of the brand. Your objective is to ensure the positive development of adidas brand image and sustainable and profitable business through an adequate Sports Marketing portfolio of individual athletes, clubs, and associations supporting brand and category objectives.
Do note that this role is based on a 4 day week in the office, and the successful candidate will be expected to be accessible by our teams or athletes outside regular work days / hours.
Intrigued? Look further below, and submit your application using the Apply button!
- Plan and manage short and long-term sports marketing strategy for key categories.
- Establish and coordinate the sports marketing objectives, policies and program within the context of the overall business plan and, where appropriate, recommend standards and set targets and quotas.
- Plan and execute operational matters including sports market research, sponsorship, promotion, and distribution.
- Provide input to develop initiatives such as new products, new sports marketing techniques.
- Maintain necessary contact with key sponsors and industry associations to achieve the objectives of the group.
- Ensure all the activities of the sports marketing group comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Develops a reputation in the sports industry as the brand that provides the best products & services, and builds a healthy relationship.
- Ensures that the teams and individuals wear and represent the products according to our Marketing Plan to communicate adidas as the leading performance brand.
- Negotiates and executes contracts, strategic alliances, product procurement, delivery, service to and the assets.
- Ensures the management of our assets is a leader in the industry which includes: on-time delivery of our products, product satisfaction, and partnership building.
- Build strategic alliances with key figures and influencers in sports industry, i.e. coaches, trainers, agency and sport federations. Provide products and services to sponsored teams and athletes as required.
- Support comprehensive action plans for all (grassroots) events & trade fairs.( maximize relationships with relevant Government and sports departments, and that maximize the perception of our good corporate citizenship)
- Coordination and management of the federation
- Communication & coordination with Regional Team.
- Agency management and control.
- Report to Regional Team: Plans, Reports
- Budget Management
- Activate Brand Assets in 360-degree marketing platforms
- Brand Marketing, Product, Local Sourcing, Sales, Finance, HR
- Individual athletes on contracted teams
- Influencers & management
- Events, agencies, and federations as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sports knowledge
- Market knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Strong PC and organization skills
- Analysis skill
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Recent Graduate with strong involvement / track record in sports marketing through internships or related experience will be considered
- Sports Marketing / Marketing final year undergraduates with strong involvement in sports will be considered
You will enjoy being highly committed and results driven in this fast paced and exciting environment, where every day brings a new challenge. If you are passionate about providing a superior level of customer service and would like make a difference in the performance of the department, then please apply. Join us. Feel your heart beat like it did when you stepped onto the field, the court, or the track for the first time.
What’s on offer?
A competitive base salary, superannuation and adidas employee benefits are on offer to the successful candidate.
How do I apply?
- Press the "Apply" button and follow the instructions
- You will be required to fill out the online applications forms, and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter which addresses all above candidate requirements
- Applications which do not attach a cover letter which addresses the job requirements specific to adidas will not be considered.
- Applications will only be accepted through the steps above
- Please note that due to the high volume of applications adidas receives, we will be unable to respond to all individual inquiries.
adidas Group Jobs http://adidas-group.jobs/
adidas Mobile http://adidasgroupjobs.mobi/
We innovate and create to bring performance, fitness, and fashion together to celebrate individuality and propel the athlete inside all of us.
It's a place where you're connected to your favourite athlete, style icons, and people as committed to winning as you are. Where we truly believe in balancing your work and life as well as sport and style.
adidas offers unlimited opportunities. Whether you're fresh out of school or have years of experience, adidas offers development programs and company sport programs that allow you to be your best.
It's a passionate workplace created by original thinkers. You'll find a unique team spirit strengthened by our diversity of thought, cultures, and individuality. It's for our people who believe sport can make the world a better place.
At adidas, you can contribute to a proud legacy. You can shape a better future of sport, for style, and for yourself.
Please note applicants must have permanent legal rights to work in Australia. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for this role.
Please note part of adidas Pacific’s recruitment process will require external candidates to consent to a pre-employment criminal history check
Note to agencies: adidas Pacific does not accept any unsolicited calls or resumes from head hunters, executive recruiters, or other staffing or recruitment agencies. Please do not submit or forward any resumes, CVs or profiles to the adidas careers portal, nor to any adidas personnel. adidas will not pay any fees relating to unsolicited resumes.