Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
- To play a supportive role in achieving divisional sales and profitability goals within the assigned direct-to-consumer concept. This role assists Buying with in-season product management (drive increased range productivity, maintain targeted inventory levels, and react to trends in the business), merchandising strategy, and the coordination of day-to-day operations and administrative duties to ensure deadlines can be met. Participate in reporting and data analysis to support in making merchandising business decisions to drive optimal on-shelf availability, sell-through, and profitability.
- In alignment with management, support the seasonal strategy for area of responsibility and help to create best in class eCom relevant buys specific to our consumer and on trend that drive top line sales and profitability to achieve targets
- Support the creation of all aspects of order management/purchasing functions including stock category transfers
- Conduct weekly analysis of the current business and make recommendations to the buyer based on the analysis
- Participate in weekly trading meetings. Make call outs of missed opportunities in business.
- Attend department and cross-department meetings, acting as the key note-taker and ensuring notes are distributed to appropriate members
- Drive generation of accurate reporting and sales recaps, weekly and ad hoc, including brand initiative products
- Identify and support with promotional opportunities at the category, concept, collection and article level to maximize sales for both pre-season and in season.
- Perform research, prepare and consolidate for special assignments and prepare PowerPoint or other presentations that reflect professionally the intent of the Buying team
- Construct and deliver daily, weekly and monthly metrics reports
- Manage article set-up with correct hierarchy, pricing and season codes
- Resolve tickets related to merchandising operations
- Assistant Buyer responsibilities will vary slightly based on the category and channel supported . Channel-specific duties may include the following:
- eCom: Work with Marketing to prepare for product launches and communicate appropriately to all relevant teams. Provide product launch recaps report to Buyer for analysis on launch success.
- Market CTC (Assortment Planning and Range/Price Architecture)
- Brand Marketing & Performance Marketing Teams
- Demand Planning and Supply Chain teams
- eCom Planning Team
- eCom Consumer Experience team
- eCom Operations teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills, and a thorough understanding of macros, pivot tables, lookup formulas, formatting, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with eCom Retail KPI’s, and a thorough understanding of retail math
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build successful relationships within a team and cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectively use decision making skills, confidently handling ambiguous situations and/or issues that may arise
- Ability to effectively present information to an individual or group, both written and verbally
- Ability to work independently (particularly in the absence of supervisor) and be a solution-based thinker
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate via phone, e-mail and face to face
- Ability to work well in a team environment in any capacity
- Ability to multi-task within a fast paced, changing environment, and the ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A passion for sports and an interest in the athletic industry and trends and/or athletic product lines preferred
- Interest in eCom Retail industry and understanding of sports and style preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum one-year related experience; equivalent combination or education and experience may be substituted
- Degree with emphasis in Merchandising, Marketing or Business Management preferred