At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Assist with management of the product development process for assigned styles from seasonal kick off through to commercialization for our Licensing products. Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers to provide effective transition from brief/design through to development “buy-ready” commercialisation, on time, within the agreed margin parameter and at the required quality standards. Provide extra guidance to junior developers.
- Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing. Review, and advise Sourcing Manager of changes that affect all costing, incorporate where quality or cost can be improved without sacrificing product aesthetics. Follow up any pre-costing & sourcing requirements before development of AD’s begins. Work towards Merchandiser’s required Margin.
- Ability to effectively raise & release PO’s, track goods & work with planning
- Manage handover from design to T1 to ensure that all information provided to T1 is complete & accurate & provided in a timely manner. Manage T1 feedback to design. Work with Planning for sub-contracting process (SAP processing where required. As per nominated developer)
- Evaluate all prototypes for compliance with AD, manage fit approval/size specification, approval of color (Dip approvals: nominated developer), accessories and materials for Bulk. Manage comments to T1.
- Sign off garment for “Buy Ready” following CP timelines, ensuring all materials and accessories are tested and adhere to adidas quality (nominated developer), safety and A01 standards. Manage quality exceptions with senior management as needed.
- Design, MM & Planning – Development, Materials, Costing and Pattern Maker
- T1/T2 Supply Partners
- LO/OC Merchandising, Technical Services and Costing
- Supply Chain Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Ability to fit a garment and comment to T1 on changes required
- Basic understanding of costing
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of virtual creation/ 3D
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Advanced IT skills (MS Office & Adobe/Illustrator) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Basic knowledge of global sourcing
- Domestic and International Travel as required
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Three-year college or university degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in garment/textile industry
What’s on offer?
A competitive base salary, bonus scheme and adidas employee benefits are also on offer to the successful candidate
How do I apply?
- Press the "Apply" button and follow the instructions
- You will be required to fill out the online applications forms, and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter which addresses all above candidate requirements
- Applications which do not attach a cover letter which addresses the job requirements specific to adidas will not be considered.
- Applications will only be accepted through the steps above
- Please note that due to the high volume of applications adidas receives, we will be unable to respond to all individual inquiries.
adidas Jobs http://adidas-group.jobs/
Please note applicants must have permanent legal rights to work in Australia. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for this role.
Please note part of adidas Pacific’s recruitment process will require external candidates to consent to a pre-employment criminal history check
Note to agencies: adidas Pacific does not accept any unsolicited calls or resumes from head hunters, executive recruiters, or other staffing or recruitment agencies. Please do not submit or forward any resumes, CVs or profiles to the adidas careers portal, nor to any adidas personnel. adidas will not pay any fees relating to unsolicited resumes.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.