Champion best DevOps practices to shorten and improve software development life cycles across multiple development streams and
- Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools.
- Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Produces software builds from software source code.
- Conducts tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed
- Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables whatever the circumstances.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Education and Experience
- University degree in IT or related area.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.