Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
Develops and manages information systems in Consumer Engagement & Traffic (CE&T) domain particularly within Traffic by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Works with delivery team and develops highest standard solutions, products and features.
- Leads other developers in Traffic Generation Paid & Organic product area under CE&T.
- Actively maintains & provides recognized expert level knowledge in Backend & Frontend technologies, Data Integration and Operational Competence.
Systems Design & Development Management
- Defines systems development projects which support organization's objectives and plans with highest application scalability, performance and stability.
- Designs and maintains data integration across different enterprise platforms (product, inventory, consumer data), Traffic components and Paid marketing partners (Google, Facebook and Affiliate partners)
- Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Creates multiple design views to address concerns of different stakeholders of architecture and to handle both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Selects & adopts appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques
- Ensures that senior management is both aware of and able to provide required resources. Facilitates availability and optimum utilisation of resources.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed architectures, standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development).
Software Design & Development & Test
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Excels SEO stack in adidas web platform with bounded components and APIs
- Contributes to selection of software development approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive approaches (plan-driven) or adaptive approaches (iterative/agile).
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services with an ownership of QA excellence and automatic testing.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of Cloud database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
- Assesses proposed changes to object/data structures and evaluates alternative options.
- Implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
DevOps & Application Support
- Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling.
- Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensures Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment processes are maintained.
- Contributes to availability management processes and performs defined availability management tasks.
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability.
- Ensures that services and components continuously meet all their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures.
- Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
- Maintains application support processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Actively monitors external environments and opensource world to proactively propose new technology enhancements
- Contributes to technology roadmapping and sharing of knowledge and insights.
- Has a lifetime-learner & growth mindset with passion for latest technology
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- College or university degree with focus on Computer Science or IT, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- Min. 5-7 years of experience in IT and relevant area
- Good knowledge of Event Driven architectures (Kafka, Tibco) and DBs (SQL and NoSQL)
- Good knowledge of Web Technologies (HTML5, CSS3, SPA, ReactJS, Redux, Webpack)
- Good understanding of enterprise level Data Integration / ETL tools (Alteryx, Pentaho)
- Working experience on Microservices architecture and building modular APIs
- Working experience in an Agile environment with DevOps & QA methodologies and tools.
- Ideally knowledge and understanding of the Digital Performance Marketing and/or SEO