At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
With FUTURECRAFT 4D adidas brought additive manufacturing in the sports industry into a new dimension and is now operating on a completely different manufacturing scale and sport performance quality supported by the latest 3D printing technology. FUTURECRAFT 4D is a fruition of adidas FUTURECRAFT - the brand’s journey to define the future of craftsmanship through exploring new technology, design, and collaboration in order to provide the best for each athlete.
- Create software tools to engineer and design market leading products, processes and experiences which improve brand competitiveness and enable adidas to deliver added value to consumers and athletes.
- Design and develop software tools that can connect, automate and optimize Engineering, Design and Sports Science workflows. Elevate existing software capabilities and create new opportunities that transfer into unique market leading experiences, processes and products, which are based on athlete and consumer needs.
- Use computer science knowledge and programing skills to drive projects aligned with Future and Brand priorities.
- Establish strong partnerships and work closely with internal and external IT and computer science partners.
- Create data analysis tools that can handle large data sets and implement optimization techniques to solve challenging problems.
- Champion and implement software engineering best practices. Manage software workflow and implement data tracking and transfer systems.
- Collaborate with the cross functional teams to create innovative experiences, processes and products.
- Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
- Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
- Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
- Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Computer science and software engineering
- Curiosity for science and technology along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- Able to design and write software components
- Experience with engineering simulation tools
- 3D graphics algorithm design and implementation
- Mesh generation and analysis
- Data analysis and machine learning
- Experience with academic and applied research
- Programming experience (C++, Python)
- University Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum 3 years progressive industry experience in software engineering
- Equivalent combination of education (PhD) and/or experience will be considered
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.