Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Corporate Marketing & Operations, is the Organization covering the entire product creation lifecycle at adidas: from design and production to delivery. By digitizing the whole value chain, we help thousands of employees to collaborate, make better decisions and finally create more amazing products. In a fast paced, startup like environment, we let technology automate so our creatives do more of what they love - go create.Our CMO IT teams supports the processes related with the entire product creation lifecycle at adidas, our projects cover various business needs, for instance:
- Systems supporting our planning processes.
- Systems related with cost calculation of production for Footwear and Apparel products that enable adidas to optimize and improve iteratively the value generated with our products
- Transformation of a legacy PLM system to a cloud native architecture that will improve and optimize the integration of all systems involved in the product creation process
- Collect feedback of our finished products provided by our testers across the world to improve adidas products
As part of the engineering team your mission is to deliver high quality software at speed. You will be developing and operating our software products, showcasing your creativity and using the latest technologies to bring ideas to life.
Business change implementation
Requirements Definition and Management
Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements for simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries.
Assists in more complex requirements activities and with the processes for establishing agreed baselines for change and managing the assessment and application of requested changes to those requirements.
Systems Development & Integration
- Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems.
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Develops specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles.
- Translates object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints.
- Interprets installation standards to meet project needs and produces database components as required.
- Evaluates potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
Programming / Software Engineering
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools.
- Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions.
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
- Produces software builds from software source code.
- Conducts tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
Porting / Software Configuration
- Assists in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
- Documents faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
Service Design, Transition & Operations
Release and Deployment
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications.
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
Agile way of working
- Become part of empowered and autonomous teams which are highly customer centric
- Work with agile methodologies like Scrum/Kanban
- Feel ownership for the products you are working on
- Be highly collaborative
- Work closely with the customer
- Deploy early and regularly to incorporate feedback and to constantly improve the products
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- English language (fluent)
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed
- Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables whatever the circumstances.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 4-year college or university degree with focus on Information Technology or related area. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 - 2 years of related work experience