At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Work with product teams to create high-quality prototypes and samples. Fabricate and assemble materials and components using various types of machinery and hand tools; including machines for cutting, sanding, buffing, sewing, and lasting.
- Construct and assemble footwear samples and prototypes using various methods, processes, materials, and machinery
- Assist in all creation phases; from sample construction and assembly, to model and mold making
- Maintain all chemical materials and supplies needed for creation of footwear samples
- Perform minor maintenance and repair on shop machinery and equipment as needed
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced experience in shoemaking in production environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and manage a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience working with solvents, chemicals, polyurethane, epoxy, and silicone
- Ability to identify design issues and offer solutions to improve functionality and manufacturability of product.
- Ability to work independently under a deadline on several projects simultaneously with minimal input.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot errors with mechanical equipment
- Ability to work in a shop environment and be comfortable working with industrial machinery
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Required: end to end shoemaking experience, ideally with performance footewar
- Associates degree in related field and/or equivalent high school diploma
- Two to four years of experience in shoemaking or related field.
- Experience working in a shop environment using a variety of tools and machinery.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.