Business Change Management
* Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organisation.
* Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations.
Service Design, Transition & Operations
Service Level Management
* Monitors service delivery performance metrics and liaises with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached without the stakeholders being given the opportunity of planning for a deterioration in service.
* Applies application / platform or infrastructure improvements within service offering
* Supports input for financial management within service offering (cost control, negotiations, purchasing)
* Prioritizes and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures.
* Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution.
* Escalates unresolved incidents.
* Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents.
* Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
* Investigates problems in systems, processes and services.
* Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
* Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
* Feeds into change management processes.
* Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
* Applies change control procedures.
Release and Deployment
* Assesses and analyses release components.
* Provides input to scheduling.
* Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
* Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
Individual key responsibilities
- Key contact for NAM Business Users and other Global teams
- Provide customer focused service management in SAP AFS environment
- Drive resolution of issues related to SAP AFS related incidents, and provide escalation when appropriate.
- Business Stakeholder / User
- Business Consultant / Analysts
- Solution Architects
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Security
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- English language (fluent)
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external stakeholders and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on IT, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience, at least 2 years in an IT / Service Management role
- SAP system experience required, AFS system experience preferred