Area: adidas IT
Subsidiary/Country: Emerging Markets
Location: Cape Town
GSMS Grade: M4
Number of Personnel Managed: externals only – up to 5
Cost Center/Budget and/or Revenue Responsibility: tbd
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
IT service management is the craft of implementing, managing, and delivering IT services to meet the needs of the organization. It ensures that the appropriate mix of people, processes, and technology are in place to provide value.
Business Change Management
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems and identifies options for consideration.
- Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
Service Design, Transition & Operations
- Managing Infrastructure Services for all sites in adidas. This includes all Offices, Distribution Centers, Retail Stores and Liaison Offices:
- Fully leveraging all 4 global functional areas of IT Infrastructure: Service Desk & IT Service Management, Cloud & Connectivity, End Device Management and Digital Workplace, and enable the respective standardization, automation and consolidation roadmaps;
- Managing local Infrastructure Services (incl. local IT Infra Budgets and IT Infra costs by business partners);
- Ensure compliance of Infrastructure services according to global policies (e.g. IT Security, SW Licensing, Procurement, Cost Accounting).
- Execution of global infrastructure rollouts in partnership with the functional infra areas
- Market / country / site demand management and demand fulfillment
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks.
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures.
- Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
Service level management
- Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
- Enables proper application / platform or infrastructure improvements within service offering
- Provides input for financial management within service offering (cost control, negotiations, purchasing).
- Drives quality by ensuring incidents and problems are resolved adequately with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Monitors service delivery performance metrics and liaises with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached without the stakeholders being given the opportunity of planning for a deterioration in service.
- Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
- Feeds into change management processes.
Configuration & Asset management
- Ensures that the IT environment complies with adidas software and hardware standards and policies.
- Manages the lifecycle of IT assets through the maintenance of a complete and accurate fixed asset register and compliance of adidas procurement and disposal policies.
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Applies change control procedures.
Release and deployment
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures.
- Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Capacity planning for IT Infrastructure services in region, markets and sites (e.g. number of users, number and size of sites, utilized IT services by user communities).
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services.
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Following agreed procedures, identifies, registers and categorizes incidents.
- Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates incidents as appropriate.
- Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
Project Management & Coordination
- Manages and coordinates delivery of infrastructure projects to completion so that expected business benefits are realized.
- Manages internal and external stakeholders through appropriate communication and reporting.
StakeHolder & People / Resource Management
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Capturing business SLA requirements from and provide service reporting to business partners in region, markets and sites for IT Infrastructure services.
- Business partnering with Market IT, Distribution IT and other local business functions.
- May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Business Stakeholder / User (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- IT Project / Product Managers
- Business Consultant / Analysts
- Domain- and Solution Architects
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Security
Requisite Education and Experiance / Minimum Qualification
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- Min 5 years of experience in relevant area and 2 years of experience in team management
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets