At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- To build adidas as the best sports brand in NAM by ensuring world class consumer experience at all touchpoints
- To establish and execute the short, middle and long term commercial strategy and plans to win in the market
- Create a vision for all channels –, Wholesale, Brick and Mortar, and eCommerce
- Establish sales strategy to build a sustainable and integrated business model for all channels
- Create a strong connection between Global Sales, Brand and Digital Brand Commerce teams locally and globally
- Develop territory management strategy to ensure the proper competition in given marketplace among key wholesale partners and own retail business; drive market transformation and expansion to ensure adidas takes the best location with segmented formats
- Drive key customer strategy and management excellence; develop and maintain best-in-industry relationship with customers
- Drive Future Marketplace Transformation across all channels in NAM to capture the growth and profitable opportunities.
- Develop retail operation capabilities and work with our franchise together in achieving retail excellence in market place and eventually improving our franchise partners’ profitability
- Deliver Brand-Led-Retail initiative
- Develop and manage NAM Own Retail function as a key source of competitive advantage by building a world class Retail organization, enhancing Retail expertise, implementing best practice Retail operations at adidas Retail and ensuring a superior, consistent Retail environment setup
- Elaborate, recommend and implement effective, as well as efficient, trade terms in coordination with the respective global wholesale policies
- Create a powerful, integrated brand and business ecosystem that wins the creator and catalyses the brand and business within Global Key Cities for NAM, achieving a leading position (#1) for our brands in the key cities as indicated by NPS, Net Sales and Market Share
- Manage, recruit and develop sales and customer service organization to achieve all business targets and to provide best in class service
- Elaborate and provide accurate sales forecast to the business within the frame of the business forecasting processes
- Ensure compliance of the trading relationships with company policies
- Ensure high employee engagement at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training, and development of personnel in the team
- Role model Leadership Framework and foster performance culture within the organization
- Develop, train and retain key talents
- All key customers
- Global sales organization
- NAM management team
- Win Market Share in NAM
- Setting the vision of Omni channel strategy
- Consistency of planning to manage commercial risk
- Digitally led organization across our commercial channels
- Succession and talent pipeline for leadership team.
- Deliver agreed revenue targets and profit targets.
- Budget: Sales Budget Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven strong leadership and coaching skills, and the ability to capitalize on and apply these skills to create highly productive and highly engaged teams
- Holistic and strategic thinker – can establish and drive end-to-end strategies and initiatives encompassing multiple functions, for short, medium and long term
- High degree of commercial and business acumen knowledge in channel distribution, net sales, margin, profit and inventory.
- Negotiation, composure and representation abilities
- Must demonstrate strategic discernment and ability to navigate strategic challenges.
- High personal impact and high communication skills
- Ability to navigate, influence and operate in a strongly matrixed global organization
- Global experience
- Experience in managing and growing large scale growing business with significant revenue.
- Minimum 15 years of commercial experience within large sales organization
- Account management and retail management experience
- Strong experience of people and operational management
- Preferable experience in the sport or consumer retail industry
- Business degree
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.