- Provide best-in-class support to the business on accounting and tax-related functions. This position’s primary responsibility is to ensure we provide accurate sales/use/property tax information to external partners and state tax agencies. This position is also responsible for timely completion of month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, tax audits and payments.
- Responsible for managing state sales & use tax audits including audit reporting, filing, payment, and resolution
- Responsible for processing with accuracy and efficiency month-end journal entries for sales tax payment reclassification.
- Generate and distribute sales tax reporting on ecomm, retail and wholesale business to DMA
- Monthly GL account reconciliations (50094, 114310, 120300, 120301, 120305)
- Monthly processing of Asset gift card chargeback for both retail and ecomm
- Generate and Distribute property tax filing, reporting and funding requests to DMA
- Weekly review of Property tax audit review and payment
- Quarterly review of New York City commercial rent tax returns and payment
- Quarterly review of Ohio CAT reporting and payment
- Weekly processing of Texas export certifications
- Provide as needed support on Vendor exemption certificate requests
- Provide Ad Hoc system reports when needed
- Maintain accurate records of US Master Data Listing of Profit Centers, Cost Centers, and Internal Orders
- Serve as a backup for EFT and check payment processing
- Create and maintain accurate process descriptions SOP’s/ Documentation of Accounting processes.
- Assist location Manager with department coverage and department projects
- Internally – AP Management, Accounting and Finance Teams, Corporate Tax Dept., Retail Operations, Marketing
- Externally – Tax service providers, Auditors, State and Federal Tax Agencies
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of sales & use tax topics and experience managing state audits
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, including general ledger, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Proficiency with Windows programs. Specifically, advanced Excel knowledge
- Intermediate SAP Experience (Accounting and AP Transactions)
- Ability to lead effective calibration meetings and present audit findings to senior accounting management team.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team-oriented setting
- Ability to multitask and differentiate between routine and urgent task.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years related work experience
adidas participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law (AZ, GA, IN, VA, FL, NC, SC, UT). For more information click on the link below: