Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
- Foster the continuous improvement of category specific testing for fit, comfort, performance and quality. Support the x-functional teams to ensure the appropriate level of testing is applied to product based on product intention and consumer profile. Contribute to deliver the Most Beautiful Sports Product by highlighting consumer feedback and placing it as the priority during product creation. Support BU specific concepts and brand-driven projects by executing optimized testing protocols.
- Assess the liking, performance and durability of products through testing to determine if they meet adidas standards and assess the risk level for defective returns.
- Create & maintain a network of testers with various skills as needed to support assigned business units.
- Coordinate Testing activities and execute tests according to adidas quality standards within the predetermined timelines and whenever required.
- Evaluate, analyze and communicate test results to respective x-functional teams as well as maintain results/reports in the respective systems.
- Escalate issues to appropriate persons to avoid claims, defective returns and to have a positive impact on NPS
- Deliver seasonal summary reports to provide an understanding about consumer feedback on category specific product.
- Provide continuous improvement and input to Governance related to test procedures, processes, standards and requirements.
- X-functional Creation teams
- External partners (Sports Universities etc.)
- Testers, consultants, testing facilities, coaches and athletes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sport specific understanding, passion for sports and culturally connected to sport/fitness world
- Ability to understand scientific testing methods, synthesize data and write test results in a clear, concise manner
- Good communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Biomechanical knowledge preferred
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Four-year college or university degree in sports science or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in product testing or development
- Experience in footwear, apparel or accessories & gear business preferred