At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
- Recruitment lead for Japan based Adidas Japan
- Support implementation and execution of the Japan Talent Acquisition programs and ensure Business Partners receive best in class service
- Support roll out of all aspects of talent acquisition for the Japan market, including successful execution of global talent acquisition processes and implementation and execution of global, regional and local programs
- Lead the entire recruitment process including requisition approval, hiring manager briefing, job advertising, candidate sourcing, application review, candidate screening, interview strategy and offer process for both corporate and retail recruitment.
- Apply and adapt broader talent acquisition strategies (employer branding, internal recruiting, diversity, etc) within your designated function or market.
- Act as a key point of contact to support the implementation of global initiatives within your designated function or market.
- Leverage relevant advertising resources and apply other relevant candidate marketing strategies to create local, regional, and global awareness (if needed) in order to attract qualified applications for key roles within your area of responsibility.
- Leverage candidate databases (internal and external) in addition to other sourcing channels (university, competitive research, job fairs, social) to identify prospective candidates to create awareness and invite them to apply for open positions including cold calling prospects.
- Build, engage and maintain pre-qualified as well as prospective candidate pools of strong former candidates and new candidates within the functional area or market that you support.
- Conduct weekly check-ins with active candidates and hiring managers throughout the entire recruiting process for each role.
- Plan and participate in strategic planning meetings with functional/market leadership and key business partners of all levels to understand current and upcoming requirements in order to build a strategy on effective recruitment activities for positions within your area of responsibility.
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with business leaders and key business partners to provide an overview of recruiting achievements as well as opportunities to improve hiring performance moving forward.
- Partner with recruiting and sourcing colleagues to share candidates and jobs to encourage a collaborative hiring process.
- Utilize recruitment systems effectively following key standards, documenting key actions, recommending improvements and ensuring all data is accurate for reporting purposes.
- Lead additional recruitment initiatives as needed.
- HR Managers
- HR Rewards
- Business Leaders
- Regional and Global Talent Acquisition Team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with all levels of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead change, problem solve and influence hiring behavior.
- Ability to set clear goals and deliver into key objectives independently.
- Ability to work on local, national, and global searches.
- University Degree preferred.
- Strong proficiency with technology and grasping new technology solutions.
- Track record for delivering high impact customer experiences and implementing new solutions to support their business area.
- Strong track record of driving a holistic recruiting strategy and global recruiting initiatives (i.e. proactive recruiting, internal recruiting, diversity, etc) and achieving goals.
- Strong ability to leverage analytics to support recruiting efforts and business planning decisions.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a recruiter within an agency or corporate environment.
- High level of partnership and collaboration with business leaders in your area of responsibility to drive proactive talent acquisition planning.
- Strong ability to collaborate with recruiters on a global level with a very integrated recruiting approach within the extended functional team globally (i.e. marketing).
- Strong knowledge of key players within your recruiting team, HR team and business area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members regionally and globally to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy, authenticity and self-awareness; able to give and receive feedback to/from all levels.
- Shows authenticity each day and doesn’t change who they are to impress others.
- Consistently demonstrates a high level of situational awareness, diplomacy and emotional intelligence including ones ability to acknowledge strengths
- and opportunity areas.
- Independently able to perform the responsibilities of the job and makes decisions without supervision.
- Shows courage and comfort expressing ones ideas and to challenge the status quo and take risks.
- Is able to push back/influence the business at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, leverage experience and formulate opinions and strategies to solve moderate to complex recruiting challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new tasks quickly and independently.
- Process improvement mindset to think beyond the current state towards what could be and independently brings forward solutions.
- Displays curiosity, has strong learning agility, seeks solutions and is open-minded to new ideas, task and strategies.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.