Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage and deliver mid-scale projects (< € 1 million) or sub elements of larger-scale projects on a local or global level across brands and respective functions within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on the customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Lead and manage to successfully deliver the assigned global and x-functional projects, end-to-end, ideally through applying PMI methodology effectively.
- Ensure full understanding of project scope to be able to design detailed project plans.
- Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plan through effectively coordinating people and resources.
- Drive and measure engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures to ensure KPIs are met.
- Monitor the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project plan in order to implement corrective or preventative actions.
- Manage the change management approach for respective project and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
- Finalize all activities across the projects/programs to formally close and hand over the project, ensuring project documents are approved, completed, maintained, and stored appropriately.
- Think globally and x-functionally in order to identify project dependencies and their impact, raise dependency issues with the project sponsor and co-create solutions
- Form and lead multi-functional project team resources (internals and externals) to deliver and support projects and programs
- Manage, coach, develop and train the formed project team members, input to performance reviews, provide feedback and allocate work considering complexity and experience level
- Partner with the internal IT Supplier Management department in order to manage external suppliers (e.g. conduct interviews, financial management of external supplier costs)
Financials and Controlling
- Establish project controlling as an independent element within the project to verify and control the allocated project costs on time in budget.
- Ensure compliance to GIT standards, e.g. PMO, IT controlling standards.
- Manage project budget through tracking and reporting the monthly budget accruals and variances and ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- As conflicts and escalations arise within projects, identify solutions and propose these to project sponsor and support their resolution in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Management and project stakeholder throughout the project life cycle, in order to successfully deliver and embed the project within the organization.
Individual key responsibilities:
Good understanding of project management and processes in the area of Supply Chain Management especially in Logistic and Sourcing.
Full project budget responsibility
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- advanced knowledge of Logistic and Sourcing processes
- advanced knowledge in Logsitic and Souring SW (e.g. GT nexus, Tradecard, ….)
- Ability to coach, guide and manage a (project)team
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment with different international cultures
- Business mindset: strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance with advanced budget knowledge.
- Strong experience to manage complex projects on a global level with strong knowledge in Project Management Methodologies & tools as well as I.T Product Evaluation & Selection.
- Advanced skills in Project Risk Management
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business with advanced skills in stakeholder analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Collaborative Software Systems as well as I.T Test management Techniques.
- Basic knowledge in Programme Management & Resource Allocation
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English skills (verbal and written)
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration, or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience in mid to large-scale project or program management & in I.T
- Ideally PMI certified
- 2-3 years of experience in managing a project team