As a Senior Product Owner at DBC you are responsible for the quality and strategic impact of a complex digital product which might include more than one product team. Together with your agile team(s) you work on continuously improving and evolving the product in order to maximize the value for the consumer.
Partnering with IT and markets to define a robust product backlog, managing capability expansion increments and leading the team towards definition of new functionalities & best practices are a few examples of the activities that will be expected from this role. Additionally you will be cooperating with various internal stakeholders, including Markets and other DBC areas to drive consumer engagement and satisfaction, as well as incremental revenues out of delivering digital experiences.
Scope: Accountable for a complex digital product including one or more teams
1. Product Strategy & Delivery
- Be accountable for the product success considering the value for the consumer and the company (ROI).
- Specify the product vision and roadmap as well as user stories considering the value for the consumer and the company as well as its role and impact on the adidas digital ecosystem.
- Be accountable for product delivery in line with the roadmap and committed delivery dates.
- Identify and solve dependencies with other product owners to ensure efficient delivery.
- Coordinate interfaces between different product teams in your area of responsibility.
2. Stakeholder Management
- Represent the business for the product, fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlog.
3. Backlog Management
- Prioritize the items in your product backlog. Specify the definition-of-done in cooperation with the product team(s).
- Own the refinement of your product backlog to ensure that the product team(s) is/are delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Provide acceptance for delivered backlog items by the team, in line with the definition-of-done.
- Be accountable for monitoring, optimization and enhancement of the configuration, features and functionalities related to the product.
- Ensure that objective data sources and feedback are used for the optimization of the product.
5. People Management
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
- Product Team(s)
- Global and Local Market teams
- Global IT teams
- Testing and Analytics
- Global DBC and Brand organizations
1. Education & Experience
- Degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience working in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment
- 5+ years working as a Product Owner or product management related role, preferably in an agile working setup
- Experience in working with stakeholders and experts at various organizational levels
- Experience in creating strong internal business cases to support investment and internal resource requests
- Experience as a Product Owner in at least one additional product area or domain
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- High resilience and solution oriented attitude
- Basic leadership skills
- Expert domain knowledge
- Familiarity with A/B testing or other multivariate testing
- Expert knowledge of Agile working methods e.g. Scrum/Kanban
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Advanced understanding of IT products and capabilities
- Fluent in English both verbally and written