Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The active management of products or services throughout their lifecycle (inception through to retirement) in order to address market opportunities and customer/user needs and generate the greatest possible value for the business. The adoption and adaptation of product development models based on the context of the work and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Manages aspects of the product lifecycle enabling the product to meet the needs of customers/users and achieve financial or other targets.
- Acts as product owner for one or more lower-value products or services; prioritises product requirements and owns a product backlog.
- Analyses market and/or user research, feedback, expert opinion and usage data to understand needs and opportunities.
- Facilitates uptake of products by planning development of product collateral, supporting and evaluating campaigns, and monitoring product performance.
- Rolls out product trials and product launches.
- Within given research goals, builds on and refines appropriate outline ideas for research, including evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation.
- Applies standard methods to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data.
- Creates research reports to communicate research methodology and findings and conclusions. Contributes sections of material of publication quality.
- Uses available resources to update knowledge of any relevant field and curates a personal collection of relevant material. Participates in research communities.
- Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects (typically less than six months, with limited budget, limited interdependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact), alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Applies appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
Portfolio, Program & project Support
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects.
- Sets up and provides detailed guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Supports programme or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings. Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals.
- May be involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing a cross programme view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Contributes to selection of the business analysis methods, tools and techniques for projects; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
Requirements definition and management
- Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritisation of requirements. Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source.
- Investigates, manages, and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or programme.
- Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
- Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project.
- Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability.
- Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
Release and deployment management
- Assesses and analyses release components.
- Provides input to scheduling. Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
People Management / Resource Management
- Is involved in recruiting process and proposes support for hiring decision and pre-selection of candidates
- Allocate the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Proven understanding of system, software design and architecture, platform engineering, load/stress testing, scalability and performance
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects
Technical affinity in:
Container Orchestration & AWS
React, Node.JS & Typescript
Rest API security & best practices
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas