Are you a high-performing Engineer who wants to go ‘all in’ and apply your skills towards innovating high-performance sports product? Do you want to help shape the future of sport by helping to shape the way we make product? Are you interested in providing the consumers of the future a new way to experience the adidas brand through your technical expertise? Does applying the latest material and process innovations on a fast time to market excite you? Have you ever dreamed about applying cutting edge engineering to create high level sport products for yourself, for your friends, or the world’s top athletes?
The adidas FUTURE team is currently looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic engineers wanting to join us as we revolutionise the industry. Through an exciting new brand initiative we want to hire the best talents to join our high performing team in our effort to disrupt the way we manufacture, develop and communicate our product. The adidas FUTURE team is a collaborative group of dedicated teams focused on footwear, apparel, hardware and manufacturing projects, driven to create the best for the athlete. As a FUTURE team member you will become an active player in the adidas brand and will experience a unique opportunity to apply your engineering competences towards advanced company projects.
To engineer market leading components, products, processes and experiences which improve brand competitiveness and enable adidas to deliver added value to consumers and athletes.
- Drive engineering projects using a broad and deep mechanical engineering knowledge, create new tools and processes that can be transferred into unique market leading experiences and products; which are based on athlete and consumer needs.
- Lead large engineering initiatives using engineering models and methods to solve complex problems.
- Drive engineering best practices through all projects.
- Build a strong engineering network creating new partnerships and forging new ways of working with key internal and external partners.
- Initiate and drive new research and consulting projects with world class universities, start-ups and consulting groups.
- Lead projects with the cross functional teams to create innovative experiences, processes and products. Constantly search out engineering and consumer insights that could lead to innovation opportunities.
- Define and strategize the future of engineering, targeting areas for investment and growth.
- Act as an engineering expert across all business units and functions, providing expert advice and guidance.
- Explore new areas of engineering that can drive innovation and fuel creativity. Create initiatives to prototype and implement these new areas.
- Mentor and train junior colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
- Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
- Present at relevant conferences and user groups
- Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
- Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
- Future Teams
- Advanced Concepts
- External consultants and academic partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep knowledge of mechanical engineering
- Curiosity for science and technology along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- Extensive experience with mechanical testing, mechanical design and data analysis
- Strong experience with robotics, manufacturing and process engineering
- Experience with academic and applied research
- Scientific Programming experience
- Good experience in using CAE & CAD tools
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field)
- Minimum 6 years progressive industry experience in mechanical, systems or process engineering
- Equivalent combination of education (PhD) and/or experience will be considered