At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
- Independently manage all Development/Commercialization aspects of 1 or more Categories
- The designated representative of the Categories
- Lead a development/commercialization and tech team for one or more sports categories in ensuring that products consistently exceed customer expectations in respect to fit, comfort, design integrity, performance, perceived value, manufacturability, and quality.
- Manage relationship with the factory development team leaders to continually upgrade sports category competence, development innovation capability, technical expertise and communication skills of factory direct development personnel.
- Oversees the direct development process between Headquarter/Creation Center Project Management and Tier 1 factory.
- Manages the development of cohesive and customer focused cross functional teams (development, Tooling, Materials, and Costing) ensuring that product integrity and Create to Value is the paramount priority and focus.
- Exhibits “product eyes” and sports competence have a feel for styling, product cosmetics, product construction and manufacturing technologies in order to influence and drive the overall product direction of the specific category(s) he/she manages.
- Make decisions within the defined development and commercialization scope for the categor(ies) being assigned.
- Lead a team and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- Give input to issuing directives in development, commercialization and related area.
- Influence HQ (Design, Marketing, Brand Ops, Quality) and external parties (Factory Development /Commercialization & Production) and drive change using principle-centered vs policy driven with adi Dassler Standards as the center of focus in managing conflicts.
- HQ Product Teams (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, PCT.)
- Factory Head of Development, Factory Development teams, Factory Sample Room Head.
- Tier 2 material suppliers
- Director / Senior Manager Production
- Other GOPS/Sourcing functions –Costing, Material, Planning, Quality, Manufacturing Excellence
- Director Product Creation FW, Senior Director Operations Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and English communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with different departments (Marketing, Design, Factories) via phone, written communication and in person.
- Strong project management skills.
- Have shoe-making and creation knowledge and expertise and can support LO/regional based projects within the defined scope of production.
- Exposure to leading and managing a cross-functional team (direct & indirect) including product creation, Tooling, Costing, Materials/Lab.
- Coach and support team members to further their skills, capability and management competencies
- Good understanding of costing principles and process; ability to decipher cost breakdown related to products.
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree preferably in shoemaking or industrial engineering.
- 5-7+ years production or development experience in the footwear industry.
- Overseas work experiences a strong advantage.
- Passion and interest in athletic competition, sports or fitness related activities.
- 5-7+ years combined experience in at least 2 functions: production, development & commercialization, materials development/science or costing.
- Experience in footwear manufacturing and creation areas such as pattern engineering, mold making, grading, materials processing
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.