At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Provides leadership and direction to team of Technicians & QC’s to ensure compliance to adidas-group quality standards and support in order to produce garments to meet the customer requirements. Co-ordinates Technical / quality team within the LO to support all functions internally and externally.
- Supports the timely resolution of technical /quality issues according to adidas-group standards in order to achieve quality and delivery objectives. Supports and implements best practices and the introduction of new processes and technologies to support continuous improvement in technical / quality.
- Identifies all LO Technical / quality staffing requirements and ensures all positions are staffed with qualified individuals.
- Provides direction for testing and adherence to quality standards within L.O, and supply base in accordance with adidas-group and regional standards.
- Assesses and upgrades Technician / Q.C competencies through the implementation of regional training programs and individual development.
- Uses available resources to report and coordinate timely testing scheduling and efficient deployment of resources.
- Directs sampling support for Development department as proscribed by current process (i.e., Proto Sample to Size Set Sample).
- Directs technical testing support for Production department within Liaison Office including wash, print and colour testing, in conjunction with the regional material teams.
- Establishes effective communication between Development and Production, external suppliers and internal business partners to resolve quality problems, including communication of risks to delivery.
- Applies own skills and experience to assist Technician / QC’s to resolve quality issues during sampling and bulk production, and seeks out the expertise of others as necessary.
- Implements programs and tools for supplier development to achieve continuous improvement of product quality and production performance.
- Organises and supervise random audits within the supply base on performance of accredited technicians / QC’s
- Support GASA milestones within technical.
- If required, supports the Director Vendor Operations to monitor and drive the social compliance standards of the adidas-Group and is very well aware of local labor law, connected to the country’s compliance community (authorities, NGO’s, trade unions,…) and therefore able to identify risks or threats to the business well ahead.
- Direct Supervisory responsibility for Tech / Quality Team leaders.
- Cross-functional team, including Development & production
- Key role in providing direction and support to suppliers
- Support Director Technical Services on implementation / follow up on technical and quality initiatives
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify issues, analyze facts and make technical / quality decisions.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Fluent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good IT/EDP skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum three years experience in textile manufacturing or technologies, preferably within Asia.
- Degree or certificate in Textile Technology or Textile Engineering, or equivalent related technical experience in the areas of color, printing and washing.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.