At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Drive and monitor execution of Footwear Sourcing Allocation strategy within the Production season: ensure continuous optimization of product availability, landed costs, risk balancing, etc.
- Drive short-term capacity management in-line with actual demand and fulfilment
- Coordinate and/or support LOs in ad-hoc crises management
- Support the Director Allocation & Capacity in the operational and strategic planning process; and in identifying/implementing initiatives that enhance the capabilities, efficiency, effectiveness and collaboration within Footwear Sourcing
- Drive Production-season Buy-Plan optimization via transfers / dual-sourcing, via own analyses and discussions with LOs, Global-Ops Development, Material Mgmt and Planning, Global Supply Planning to optimally execute the Sourcing allocation strategy and to achieve optimal landed cost and service levels to the Group
- Drive level-loading of T1s and critical partners / T1.5s / T2s (with FTW Material Mgmt and Planning teams): minimize factories seasonal fill rate fluctuations through improved pull-forward and make-to-forecast-contract management, and optimize usage of special-technologies’ capacities and bottlenecks
- Monitor fulfilment performance, and work closely with LO Planning and Global Supply Planning to communicate issues that may impact Group delivery performance; identify and drive improvement actions jointly with LO Planning, Country Management, and Global Supply Planning
- Monitor and analyse yearly/seasonal allocation, category mix, volume efficiency, model mix, etc. and (as needed/required) communicate findings to relevant stakeholders and initiate changes to secure optimal delivery of Footwear Sourcing allocation strategy
- Support the operational and strategic planning process (capacity and capability requirements), and implementation of improvement actions across the supply base.
- Manage selected projects as defined by Director Allocation & Capacity
- Proactively work across functions to identify and resolve issues that are posing obstacles to the business.
- LO Planning Directors, Senior Operations Directors
- Suppliers management
- Directors Development Global Operations
- Global Supply Planning
- other GOPS functions
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills, able to communicate at senior management level
- Understands trade and macro economic trends (costs, import duties, FTA, trade barriers) affecting imports from the Footwear source countries into major markets
- Good knowledge of Footwear industry and manufacturing methods a plus
- Good knowledge of standard Software applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Project management skills a plus
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Undergraduate university degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience in a Sourcing role or operations
- Fluency in English, knowledge of another language (ideally Mandarin, Vietnamese, Bahasa, or German) an advantage.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.