Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- To support profitable and sustainable market share growth for all brands (adidas & Reebok) in the Market by providing strategic insights through internal and external data synthesis, decision-support analysis and strategic planning processes.
Strategic Planning process:
- Drive the global and local Strategic Business Planning (SBP) process (e.g., document development, local alignment, global submissions, communication packages), for the future 2-5 year period.
- Support other regular and ad-hoc strategic planning activities (e.g., workshops, individual briefings).
Data analysis and decision support:
- Develop financial and quantitative models relevant to strategy planning (e.g., business simulation, revenue projection, market share development, financial statement analysis).
- Synthesize data and prepare analysis to support senior management decision-making on priority topics (typically working cross-functionally).
Strategic documents development:
- Develop strategic presentations and business planning documents to Senior Leadership Team.
- Drive the development of executive level presentations and reports.
External consultancy and research:
- Manage external research activities, including agenda-setting, consultant selection and research planning.
- Actively engage with selected consultancy/research projects, to ensure quality outcomes and applicability to the business and support to strategy development.
- Engage on regular and ad-hoc major cross-functional projects, esp. at strategic development stage (workshops, individual briefings).
- Senior Leadership Team of adidas Group Korea
- Sales Directors (and Sales Management Team)
- Brand Directors (and Marketing Management Team)
- Asia Pacific Business Development – Strategic Planning team
- Global Sales Strategy and Business Development team
- Proper management of SBP process and deliverables
- Quality of market and competitor data reporting
- Quality of data analysis
- Effectiveness and impact of external research projects
- Overall business impact
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with a global apparel / consumer goods brand or retailer.
- Experience in working closely with middle and senior leaders across functions
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and communication skills
- Proven project management experience
- Expert Power Point user, Expert Excel user
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of general business experience (ideally in more than one business function); equivalent experience in leading management consulting firm with strategic planning experience
- University degree or above; MBA or other business-related qualification preferred
- Open mind-set, curiosity, continuously challenging the status-quo
- Passion for sport/sporting goods industry
- Fluent in English and local language required