Act as a regional manager, this role will be responsible for driving and implementing key environmental strategic programs in South Asia and Indian Sub-Continent for the primary supply chain, both direct and indirect suppliers. The Manager will be responsible for advancing the company’s approach, for developing business cases, and for facilitating cross-functional collaboration to support implementation and help the suppliers achieve its environmental goals. The focus areas for this position are as follow:
- Operational: 60%
- Business Partner: 40% Key Responsibilities:
- Support, roll out, provide guidance and monitor adidas’s supply chain overall global environmental strategy, program and targets:
- Waste reduction (zero landfill)
- Water efficiency
- Chemical management/waste water
- Monitor trends, developments, policies, incentives and innovations within your regional coverage. Identify the areas of risk and provide recommendations in respect of those risks, based on legal obligations, strategic commitments and/or SEA requirements
- Analyze the relevant KPI to track performance of suppliers and provide business partners with clear summary on supplier performance under his/her coverage. Provide direction for future improvement areas in the supply chain.
- Identify training needs of in the supply chain and provide training and conduct regular advisory to ensure suppliers meet reporting deadlines in the sustainability systems.
- Delivering ad-hoc analysis upon request for enquiries and analysis requests
- Be an expert in one of the environmental areas (climate, waste/zero landfill, water, waste water, renewable energy, chemicals)
Strategic Partnerships and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Work in close collaboration with the Global SEA Environmental Team and key internal functions such as Sourcing, LOs, Legal etc.
- Engage with external partners, including NGOs, and participate in collaborations related to the adidas’s environmental commitments
- SEA Environment Team, Field Operations and where applicable Program Operations teams in Asia Pacific
- Senior leadership team and local teams of Sourcing Footwear, Apparel & A&G
- Key Regional LOs
- Local and regional industry associations
- Local and regional NGOs, specialized service providers
- External monitors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience managing and executing a private sector organization’s environmental strategy
- Excellent grasp of sustainability, environmental related concepts and issues more broadly, including energy and climate strategies, water, zero landfill, chemical management, best practices and other emerging trends and concepts
- Proven ability to develop business cases, including financial implications for environmental investments
- Strong project management knowledge and experience, including developing and maintaining project plans, providing regular communication, coordination, problem resolution and undertaking budget administration.
- Ability to collaborate with internal & external stakeholders, coordinating multiple tasks in parallel, many times with conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of SAC (FEM 3.0), ZDHC, SoFi data management system and others
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- A strong communicator with ability to create, plan and deliver presentations with confidence with management, internal customers, SEA colleagues.
- Organizational, follow-through, negotiating/influencing skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and data management systems
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, and/or environmental subject area including Climate Change, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology or similar
- At least 6-8 years of relevant professional experience from CSR/sustainability, energy and climate or similar role in the private sector, or a top-tier consulting firm
- Background in Engineering (Chemical / Process / Industrial / Environmental) and / or Supply Chain Manufacturing (Textile / Footwear)
- Travel is at 30%