At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
This role is responsible for maximizing the profitability of Market Western Europe Consumer Direct Retail and Franchise by securing Real Estate in Italy in alignment with the adidas Group’s retail store growth targets for Western European Markets (currently adidas and Reebok). This function will be accountable for identifying potential sites, assessing their viability and prepare and support lease negotiation of sites. This position will support the integrated Distribution Roadmap between Wholesale (Franchising) and Retail to ensure we optimize our store structure within same locations. This role will ensure landlord relations are managed corporately to optimize the deal-making that can be achieved within Italy and to ensure that both our franchisees and our Own Retail business benefits from the scale of the adidas Group.
The role is based and focused on Italy it also requires geographical mobility so that upon request will be able to support projects in other markets with WE.
- Manage the store portfolio including consolidation.
- Identify and evaluate all real estate opportunities through site visits, site selection metrics and criteria, demographic analysis and research to ensure the best locations for the brand are secured.
- Contribute to the creation of strategic market growth plan, including store growth targets, target markets, etc. for Italy.
- Support the creation of metrics and criteria for which site selection decisions will be made (research analytics, financial performance, revenue prediction models).
- Prepare and support negotiations of letters of intent and key lease deal points to the brand’s advantage.
- Work with various retail departments to attain internal alignment on site opportunities and sales projections.
- Present the adidas Group’s retail concepts to prospective landlords
- Steer external Real Estate resources in locating and evaluating potential sites
- Drive the creation of site justification packets (BPM packages) as part of the capital approval processes.
- Evaluate existing store portfolio to actively drive rent reductions, recommend lease renewals and terminations and support the negotiation of renewals and extensions where appropriate. Monthly update and review the portfolio overview.
- Manage and support the market Real Estate team driving admin WE Real Estate projects on demand.
- Internal - WE Real Estate department, Retail Store Development, Retail Store Operations, Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, HR, legal
- External - Landlords, brokers, industry developers and operators, architects, legal partners, general contractors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Management ability and competency to manage landlords, brokers, developers and operators
- Strong inside knowledge process management of in store implementation, architects, regional sourcing, legal partners, and general contractors.
- Ability to maximize relationships with developers and landlords in real estate community.
- Ability to think strategically, define business opportunities and problems, collect, interpret and analyze abstract and concrete information, and create strategic, value-add solutions.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with detailed demographic analysis.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time, and in some cases with limited notice.
- Strong retail business acumen (operational and fiscal).
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other computer software (Internet, POS Systems, etc).
- Fluency in Italian. Ability to speak, read and write English fluently; additional language skills beneficial
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), with an emphasis in real estate or finance / MBA preferred.
- 4-6 years retail specific real estate site selection experience, preferably with a major mall based retailer
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing/negotiating external consultants and contractors.
- Good relationships and credibility within the retail real estate industry
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.