At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & overall relevance for the organization:
To ensure that commercial and business relationships and engagements with suppliers are handled according to policies, commercials, risks and procurement area related best practices for indirect Procurement categories, including Marketing, Professional Services, IT and Logistics for the Canada market. To lead the development and execution of procurement strategies in alignment with senior management and relevant business partners as well as the global category management team. This role is also responsible for maximizing the profitability and compliance, within the category, by managing the sourcing process for all materials and services.
- Develop and implement Indirect Procurement strategies in alignment senior management and relevant business partners and their Business objectives
- Build business relationships and effectively partner with the relevant stakeholders and the related supplier base
- Drive and support the creation and implementation of sourcing and supplier strategies and ensure compliance with procurement policies, standards and guidelines
- Development and management of the Indirect supplier rosters in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Lead agency selection/pitch processes in alignment with business partners and negotiate up to final authorization of contracts and purchase orders within the organization and Business signature policy
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams in defined procurement and general development projects as well as pro-actively supporting other team members in their tasks and activities
- Drive, lead and support supplier selection (tender) processes in alignment with business partners and negotiate contracts up to final authorization including dispute resolution, approving and qualifying vendors, financial terms etc.
- Enable and ensure transparency of spend and drive for optimization of efficiencies (procedures and cost) in collaboration with the Finance function and related stakeholders
- Continuous learning and development of procurement knowledge and methodologies driving innovation and continuous improvement within the procurement function
- Contribute to the capabilities growth of the Procurement organization
- Act as an ambassador of procurement within the organization
- Internal: Marketing team, Logistics, IT, HR, Legal, Finance & Group Procurement
- External: Suppliers & Agencies: Executives, Key Account Managers & Legal Council
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sourcing, procurement and supply-chain methodologies and concepts, such as TCO and life cycle of products/services, business partnering
- Knowledge of supply base within the Indirect landscape and availability of products/services, bottleneck criteria (market and pricing), cost levers, new technologies and procedural best practices
- Knowledge of brand strategy and application in marketing
- Proven ability to drive category strategy and setup agency selection and management
- Ability to support and develop sourcing strategies in order to face market trends
- Knowledge and experience in stakeholders and supplier relationship management, Employment Contracts, Work-Labor Contracts, Claim Management, Liability, Warranty and (inter)national procurement related legislation
- Ability to understand the broader Business context and how choices made in one part of the organization affect other Categories or Functions
- Ability to translate business requirements into measurable assessment criteria
- Excellent analytical, presentation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Action oriented and solution minded team player with high degree of self-management
- Strong capability to independently interact throughout the organization and initiate, build and maintain business partnership relationships in relation to the relevant procurement categories
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, SAP/SRM a plus
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- International, diverse mindset
- Travel up to 25%
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, finance, procurement or legal, MBA is a plus.
- At least 7 years working experience with a minimum 3 year Procurement experience or related
- Industry specific experience required
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.