At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Deliver the PR strategy for Key City to generate quality, on brand coverage in the earned media across news, sport, lifestyle and fashion. Implement relevant tools, events and opportunities to educate and inspire consumers about adidas products, athletes and initiatives.
- Provide guidance to the PR plans to support the adidas brand priority concepts, categories, products, campaigns, and events primarily through product placement and pitching stories to lifestyle and fashion press.
- Develop plans and execute results driven PR programs that align with brands vision and business goals; give guidance on prioritisation of brand campaigns and commercial activity to ensure all objectives are met
- Implement innovative PR techniques, compelling story ideas, clear messaging and exciting tools targeting priority media across broadcast, print and digital channels including hero editorial, press events at scale, and support for key campaigns
- Provide guidance to the team to identify the media outlets and external agencies appropriate for adidas
- Provide guidance to the strategic plan of how adidas ensures a permanent presence in the online titles (beyond just campaigns) with measurable KPI’s that affect brand health
- Provide guidance on the link between PR and the sales line and align with .com. Support driving traffic to ecom by consistently linking all online coverage to .com and by establishing an ongoing alignment with the SEO team.
- Ensure team builds a strong media network across sport, fashion, lifestyle, news and corporate media and organise media events (press conferences, interviews, media days) with adidas athletes and teams
- Provide guidance to external agencies on initiatives as needed / briefed, setting measurable objectives for new idea generation and media coverage
- Support planning, KPI setting and reporting against the key campaign calendar for Public Relations
- Deliver fully merchandised media showrooms for SP, Y3 and Originals including seasonal press days and integrate with all internal departments
- Support information flow across the Global and local PR/corporate communications network
- Provide support for our contracted assets for all campaigns in key media
- Communicate PR strategies and vision to all brand teams and agencies
- Ensure global consistency of the overall adidas brand media message
- Share best practices across all areas and agencies
OPTIONAL PER LOCATION – delete if this does not apply to your Key City
Crisis & Issues Management:
- Strenghthen the brands awareness and its reputation via issues management and corporate communication’ aligning with global team
- Run messaging session for senior personnel/athletes and media; train where necessary
- Develop crisis plans and roll out to Group and Global Corporate Team
- Counsel and advise global PR team/Corporate comms team on any global response needed
- Write and distribute written material working closely with legal team and local GM
- Manage key media activity for the Board and visiting global CEO when necessary
- Counsel and advise on difficult queries working closely with legal teams
- Update with information on plans, campaigns and products
- Lead and manage all consumer facing crisis and issues including any product recalls
- Act as Group company spokesperson and lead all written communication
- Ensure consumer Helpline facility is constantly updated and supported
- Brand Marketing (Communications, Digital, Commercial)
- Global PR and Corporate Communication Team
- Global and Market Sports Marketing
- AIT / IT Innovation
- Business Units
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of strategic thinking.
- Ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups: product marketing, communications, social, digital.
- Solid understanding of consumer messaging and brand reputation .
- Affinity with cross-channel PR and a strong background in strategy, media relations, journalism / writing and digital PR / social media.
- Broad understanding of and passion for the sports and fashion/entertainment industry.
- Strong written and verbal skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University Degree in PR, Marketing, Communications or a related field. Master or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.