Purpose: Develops and implements short and medium term production plans satisfying the sales and demand needs of the markets and subsidiaries while optimizing the resources of the apparel supply base.
- Develops effective and reliable short and medium term production plans for the apparel division for both brands to ensure timely delivery of customer orders for all business models (inline/SLT/miAdidas, etc.).
- Executes the seasonal development allocation process considering the provided sourcing strategy/seasonal allocation plan for the assigned LO’s.
- Works closely with assigned Apparel LO’s to manage the production allocation and planning process to support timely delivery of customer orders.
- Drive standardization of planning processes in LO’s/T1’s
- Functions as the responsible Global Supply Planning/SCI contact for the assigned LO’s. Understands the business needs and objectives and manages planning and supply chain initiatives supporting them. Define, implement and enforce processes and policies
- Conducts continuous forecasts, orders and planning volume analysis to review demand changes and their implications to the supply base. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Defines and implements material buffering strategies to optimize on time delivery
- Maintains continuous communication with GSP, Brand Sourcing, SCI/Subsidiaries when significant shifts occur and in regards of demand and capacity fill rates.
- Works closely with global supply planning to define, draft, revise and/or implement global processes, policies, initiatives as necessary to ensure optimal performance and on-time delivery/availability.
- Works closely with Operational Planning/SCI team to help manage order prioritization when overloads occur.
- Ensures consistent tracking and follow up with LO’s on all sample order deadlines and ensures regular communication on delivery status towards creation centers, subsisidaries.
Key Relationships: (list primary stakeholders that the position will communicate and interact with)
- Global Supply Planning
- Brand Sourcing
- Brand Operations
- Supply Chain Integration
- LO’s/CM’s/Planning Managers
- Global IT
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable with learning internal systems such as RMS/FLEX PLM, GPS, ILS and SIM.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to apply those
- Experience with MS-Office/Excel/Access is a must
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to understand and use data to make decisions and influence outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills required
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral)
- Strong team player with proven ability to work cross functionally to achieve goals and objectives.
- Strong understanding of demand models, production forecasting, purchasing practices, terminology, basic finance and supply chain principles.
- APICS certification is a plus
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College or university degree with a focus on Logistics or Apparel preferred; alternatively equivalent combination of education and related work experience in the field of Logistics and/or Apparel
- Minimum 6 years work experience in the soft goods industry (with a focus on production, projects, materials etc.)