Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Corporate Security identifies, presents and mitigates Security risk ensuring that the business can operate in all business environments by managing the risks to people, product, premises, processes and profit, reducing this risk to a level deemed acceptable by the adidas Executive Board. This directly impacts the overall strategic objectives of adidas, by ensuring risk does not negatively impact achievement of adidas’ objectives.
To ensure that the business has the correct support and guidance for people security related matters, including incident management, travellers at risk, missing persons, physical threats etc. it is essential that Security policy is adhered to with the associated standards and processes directed centrally by Corporate Security, developed and delivered by the People Risk Manager. People Risk senior manager will also ensure that adidas travellers and expats are provided with effective guidance, support and security provision. People Risk is a key element in delivering effective security coverage and capability within Corporate Security and adidas.
- Develop and maintain market relationships to enable effective response to incidents affecting people security
- Produce and maintain ‘Market Security manual’ supporting the Global Corporate Security Policy
- Develop incident response mechanisms for markets and HQ
- Support Security operations- Protective services with ‘endangered persons’ process
- Support and drive the implementation and development of travel security partner (World Aware)
- Support multiple overseas workers and travellers globally
- Develop S level security training
- Communication of services throughout the company using available platforms (Yammer, A-Live etc.)
- Develop and deliver higher risk destination processes
- Executive Board travel guidance and support
- Ensure Travel Security framework adheres to the principles of internationally recognised industry standards and best practice.
- Respond to incidents as part of an on-call Incident/Crisis Management Response structure, with relevant responsibilities for safety and security of persons and requirement to relay information through agreed structures for escalation
- Monitor the political risk intelligence, information and horizon scanning reports and the security providers location risk assessments to ensure correct mitigation measures are applied
- Support the corporate governance framework of the adidas
- Follow up on and closure of security related gaps in processes and procedures through liaison with Travel Security Provider and Global Travel Management.
- Deliver frameworks to ensure adequate governance and compliance checking of Traveller and Overseas Workers safety and security.
- Ensure practical alignment of Incident/Crisis Management response structures
- Implementation and development of 24 hour operations service using 3rd party provider
- Support Corporate Security departments functions (Event Risk, Incident and crisis management)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Rounded Security industry experience and knowledge with relevant qualifications or experience in subject matters
- Experience of travel security and travel management
- Ability to plan and analyse
- Ability to project manage programmes
- Track record of department development
- Ability to operate in a complex/multidimensional environment with regards to operational security, business resilience, risk, and crisis management.
- Organisation: understands the interactions and dynamics within the market groups, supply chain, and other legal entities, and can navigate through all business functions to assess essential business travel where security implications are pertinent
- Systems: efficient use of data from a fragmented system landscape
- Make informed, calculated decisions to drive change and develop awareness
- Requirement to travel, where required, to drive an awareness and performance culture
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Industry recognised professional qualifications in Security management
- Degree level education preferred
- Relevant industry experience in Travel Security
- Professional Qualifications (CPP, CFI, AMBCI, CBCI, Prince2) or relevant equivalent experience
- 5 years+ work experience in security, incident/crisis management, business continuity, at management level.
- Experience of operating within a large multinational, multi-cultural environment.