Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Build up Outsourced Warehouse capability, capacity and oversee Outsourced Warehouse operations to provide superior services to China market.
- Achieve SLA to customers, satisfy business requirements and meet financial targets, whilst ensuring cost control within agreed budget.
- Lead in developing Outsourced Warehouse vision and mission. Set performance goals and KPI.
- Ensure an effective product flow through all areas of the warehouse at all times.
- Fulfil all of the customer orders on time in full at Outsourced Warehouse; offer feedback to Outsourced Warehouse Planning for optimization of allocating resources (Material Handling Equipment, labour)
- Drive Outsourced Warehouse strategy implementation and key initiatives.
- Plan and build up Outsourced Warehouse capability of all required service models (wholesale, retail, e-com, returns and re-distribution) and capacity (storage and throughput)
- Improve productivity/cost continuously to meet current and future business requirements
- Build up Outsourced Warehouse team with customer/consumer-orientation, and required professional skillset
Outsourced Warehouse Operations Management
- Develop and optimize Outsourced Warehouse work processes and WMS to meet business objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge of key business systems like ERP and WMS
- Oversee productivity and accuracy of Outsourced Warehouse operations, including receiving/put away, slotting, internal replenishment, picking, packing, A-grade and D-grade returns handling, sample management, as well as inventory and process control
- Manage external warehouse management, including 3PL selection and contracting
- Benchmark with the best-in-class in industry in service level, productivity and cost control. Lead in Root-cause analysis and corrective actions to drive continuous improvement in reaching operations excellence.
- Share best practice with warehousing leaders in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations, by reinforcing daily execution
- To ensure smooth and accurate daily operation from the outsourced warehouse to pursuit 100% fulfilment of online customer orders.
- Lead initiatives in improving the warehouse operation process and flow so as to provide differentiated service compare to our competitors.
- To manage and drive rework for customer/Channel returns, thus labelling knowledge and experience is required.
- To lead /involve the service improvement projects;
- To provide engineering study/solution;
- Manage Outsourced Warehouse budget and re-forecast, with cost/benefit analysis
- Oversee labour utilization and efficiency
HR Management; Training and Development
- Hire, train and coach Outsourced Warehouse managers and core members.
- Set people development plans with direct reports/critical talents; track, review and provide developing opportunities targeting to individual needs
- Establish backups for critical positions and succession plan.
- Warehouse Planning, OBF, Inbound Logistics, PO, HR/Admin, IT, Finance, SCI/LO/factories, BP&O, CSD, Own Retail, global Operations/CoE Logistics, other global functions
- Customers, 3PL, vendors, local government
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams from concept to implementation
- Effective communication skills to motivate a management team and a large workforce, as well as working across functions and with external parties (internal and external customers, 3PL, local government and authorities).
- Understanding industry trend and dynamic business requirements to timely provide solutions to business.
- Utilization of best-in-class practice as benchmark to make continuous improvement and reach operations excellence on service level, productivity, and cost against competition.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above is required in technical field
- Ability to communicate fluently in both Mandarin and English.
- Minimum 15-year experience in warehouse management, including 3+ years in managing an automated/semi-automated, large-scale distribution facility, with in-depth knowledge of warehouse operations and broad experience in people management.
- Minimum 8 years in managing a large work force of both office staff and blue-color workers
- Solid experience in selecting and managing 3PLs.
- Experience in systems and processes optimization.
- Good knowledge in warehouse operation and process/flow/warehouse design;
- Good knowledge in warehouse EHS/5S and Lean Tools for operation and quality improvement.
- Proven track record in project management
- Sensitivity to data analysis which is support decisive solution;
- Skills with an emphasis on communications both externally and internally across multiple functions.
- Self-motivated and open-minded, to strive for operational excellence
- Strong ownership and willing to embrace the challenge and change