Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Drive Global IT Vendor Management within Global Procurement and in strong alignment with Global IT Senior Management, including:
- Support the build up of the Global IT Vendor Management function developing needed capabilities across Global IT Procurement and Global IT
- Vendor segmentation, identify and select strategic vendor relationships and define partnership model
- Create vendor account and developments plans as well as vendor relationships as the key point of contact between specified vendors and Global IT
- Drive Quarterly Business Reviews with selected strategic partners and internal stakeholders to enhance vendor value
- Vendor risk assessments and management
Support build up of IT Vendor Management Office:
- Develop procurement and vendor management capabilities, provide training and resources for Global IT Procurement as well as Vendor Management team and Global IT who are charged with executing vendor management or related activities.
- Foster strong collaboration with internal stakeholders — including IT and business resources, procurement — to develop criteria and best practices for vendor selection processes and contracting awards.
- Provide guidance to Global IT Procurement to optimize contracts and negotiations ensure compliance of negotiated agreements to established vendor management policies and practices (e.g. service levels and deliverables, etc.).
Establish a vendor management governance framework:
- Establish and/or approve internal and external policies, standards and processes for vendor interaction.
- Establish, manage and enhance tools for use in vendor management, including vendor tracking, analytics and performance management tools (scorecards and dashboards).
- Manage the collection, consolidation and communication of reporting and data on vendor contracts, performance, risk and relationships to key stakeholders and vendors.
- Maintain an inventory of vendor spend (in collaboration with finance and procurement) by category (software, hardware, telecom, staff augmentation, services), functional area, etc..
- In collaboration with IT Procurement, set global contract standards, oversee the maintenance of agreements with vendors, and ensure that they are current/up to date and compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a repository of vendors in a contract management database to track key dates (expirations, renewals) and assess demand.
Vendor Portfolio Optimization and relationship management:
- Drive vendor segmentation, identify and select strategic vendor relationships and define partnership model
- Classify and rationalize the vendor portfolio so that focus can be applied to the most strategically important vendor relationships/engagements.
- Manage vendor relationships as the key point of contact between strategic partners and the business, serve as a point of escalation for issues and drive those issues to resolution.
- Create vendor account and developments plans and manage the communication process with vendors, including what information should be communicated, when and by whom, to ensure that appropriate leverage is preserved.
- Drive Quarterly Business Reviews with strategic partners and internal stakeholders to enhance vendor value in terms of performance, continuous improvement and innovation
- Oversee the measurement and reporting of vendor performance, including the development of evaluation tools and the creation of scorecards and dashboards
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate performance are properly tied to business outcomes and that the associated communications around these metrics are clear.
- Maintain vendor risk assessments or risk registers in cooperation with risk, privacy, business continuity and IT security teams
- Partner with other areas of the business (procurement, finance) to track and report on vendor financial viability, business continuity, and corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Senior Directors Procurement, Directors Procurement, Senior Managers Procurement, Senior IT and Business Leaders on VP and SVP level, Senior Executive Strategic Partners, Account Management Teams, Senior Director Legal, Senior Director Controlling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of the IT industry and the products and services provided by vendors
- Understanding of the entire vendor life cycle (sourcing, procurement, vendor management)
- Solid grasp of financial concepts and IT Services frameworks and standards
- Executive presence and comfort interacting with both internal and vendor senior leadership
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate with internal clients and stakeholders
- Relationship skills that will facilitate positive vendor behaviors, establish healthy new engagements and deepen existing ones
- Strong problem-solving ability with a focus on managing to business outcomes through collaboration with multiple internal and external parties
- Thorough understanding of commercial terms (warranties, intellectual property, indemnification) in IT agreements
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A master’s degree with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, finance, procurement or legal, or comparable professional education
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in global IT vendor management
- Proven experience in successful management of vendors/third parties, including, but not limited to, policies, performance, vendor risk, relationships, contracts (including negotiations), and issue and dispute resolution
- Expert knowledge of category at hand; experience with supplier selection, negotiation and contracting and management of 100 MEUR Tier 1 vendor relationship