This position will directly contribute to the Corporate Internal Audit mission to provide independent, objective assurance for the purpose of improving the effectiveness of business risk management, internal controls, and governance processes throughout adidas. The Senior Manager, IT Audit is tasked with enhancing the quality, breadth and depth of internal audit work through overseeing and participating in execution of IT components of general audits as well as leading dedicated IT audit projects. This is an exciting position offering learning, development and travel opportunities in an international environment within a multi-cultural, sports enthusiastic team focused on “creating the new” and “beating our best” every day. Corporate Internal Audit team members are value-adding business partners focused on supporting adidas in creating a sound governance, risk and compliance framework which secures achievement of strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with the Chief Audit Officer and Senior Director, Internal Audit to define the IT Audit Universe, and, through risk based analysis, select the entities for inclusion in the annual audit plan.
- Lead and contribute to the completion of IT components of internal audit projects as assigned based on a risk-based, annual audit plan for all activities of the adidas.
- Coordinate and execute throughout all phases of audit projects – planning, execution, completion and reporting – as assigned. Complete quality, thorough and fact based documentation of audit work throughout all deliverables. Review and sign-off on documentation and deliverables from more junior audit team members.
- Planning: participate in audit risk assessments and scope definition, lead planning inquiry meetings and review relevant information in advance of audit; document relevant information in the planning section of the audit file and propose audit scope.
- Fieldwork: execute audit procedures, including preparation of audit work papers in support of the audit scope; help ensure that audit work is properly documented and concluded upon, as well as filed and stored appropriately. Update audit project lead on all key issues and clear all coaching and development notes from working papers. Update audit entity management of observations and findings to confirm and validate issues. Document audit issues and recommendations in sufficient detail and quality for inclusion in audit report.
- Completion: drive the preparation of audit closing presentation, including audit rating determination by scope section and overall. Present topics of responsibility during audit closing meeting.
- Reporting: participate in audit report writing phase, including for all issues and any assigned sections and executive summary topics. Perform detailed review and quality check of finished product before submission for internal review of CIA senior leadership.
- Evaluate governance practices including authorisations, management reviews, policies & procedures, segregation of duties, system access rights, compliance with relevant standards and planning & reporting procedures.
- Work closely with audit entity management, providing assurance services, and advising on practical solutions for improved business processes through the sharing of best practices.
- Support the Corporate Internal Audit senior leadership team in the organisation and execution of individual audits in accordance with the audit plan with reference to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), as well as the Corporate Internal Audit charter.
- Provide regular timely coaching and development feedback to audit team members.
- Continuously expand and upgrade knowledge and skills by utilising resources such as reading materials, and attending training workshops.
- Active collaboration in the preparation and delivery of opening & closing presentations to management of the audited entity.
- Provide ongoing support in the follow-up process to achieve visible improvements with the timely implementation of agreed measures.
- Participate in meetings with Global IT senior management.
- Define a risk based IT internal audit strategy that complies with professional standards, maintain an up-to-date IT audit universe, and transfer IT knowledge to other GIA team members including identifying key IT learning and development areas.
- Perform role of People Manager for M4 – IT Audit Manager, including overseeing The Score performance appraisal process.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effective English presentation and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and composure to deal comfortably with senior executives including ability to communicate complex IT topics to non-IT personnel
- Additional language skills, specifically German, a value-added benefit
- Highly results driven and self-motivated team player with compassion, integrity, trust and perseverance
- Compelling development potential with ambition to build international career in the world of sports
- Diversity skills to connect with people and management styles across different cultures
- Strong analytic capabilities and project management skills, along with high degree of business savvy
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience of working with approved IT control and operational standards such as CoBIT or ITIL.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Recognised university degree, with good academic standing
- Completion of Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation
- Additional Professional Audit Qualifications, including Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), qualified Chartered Professional Accountant or international equivalent (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA) very beneficial
- 5-8 years internal and / or external IT audit experience with specific focus on IT general controls in accordance with COBIT framework, ISACA, PCI DSS
- Experience working with SAP preferred
- Experience working in TeamMate audit software beneficial
- Degree of mobility with desire to travel to locations globally (business related travel intensity varies from 20-30% per year)