At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Translate all the key corporate topics into a communications strategy and implement the strategy to drive employee awareness, deepen their understanding and engagement to support the achievement of our business goal.
• CORPORATE STRATEGY – Use different channels and media tools to ensure people’s understanding of the company’s core belief, mission and the strategy, including the rationale behind the goals and its key deliverables.
• COMMUNICATIONS PLAN FOR THE COMPANY – Develop and activate the annual communications plan which - enables the consistent flow of information - generates constructive discussions among people - inspires people to live our 3C behaviors (Creativity, Collaboration, Confidence) - recognizes performance and drive engagement
• COMMUNICATIONS PARTNER FOR LEADERS – Consult leaders with strategic communications planning and support them to inspire people on the vision and its progress. Ensure consistent framing of messages that reflects the organization’s core messages globally.
• ORGANISATIONAL MESSAGES - Establish organizational messages by working closely with Senior Management Team support with draft messages or scripts when needed. (Strategy, Playbook, Business Update, Change Management, & etc.)
• EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT – Drive communication with a key focus to foster employee engagement and establish an atmosphere of transparent and interactive communication.
• COMMUNICATIONS TOOLS – Engage employees to adopt global communications tools including a-Live, Game Plan A, Yammer, Skype for Business, Sli-do as well as continuously seek new and updated approaches.
• EMPLOYEE EVENTS – Plan and implement employee events to achieve the targeted communications objectives in a timely manner and within budget.
• MEASURE THE EFFORT – Develop and track communications efforts and utilize measurement to continuously improve communications.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Language: Highly fluent in English (written and spoken), other languages are an advantage
• Editorial: Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
Ability to translate complex strategy to easy to understand language
• Event and Campaign Planning: Ability to plan large scale events and coordinate with stake holders and event agencies.
• Digital, Tech Savvy: Fast in digital trends and tools. Quick to understand of the evolving communications channels landscape
• Creativity: Ability to identify new and exciting ways to engage employees and capture their attention.
• Visual Communication: Strong knowledge in design (PowerPoint formatting, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, & etc. as an advantage)
• Videography: Strong skills in design (Premier Pro, After Effect, & etc.)
• Photography: Strong skills in photography, editing
• Independency: Ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance.
• Attitude: EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE AND ALWAYS SEEK THE NEW.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• University degree or higher in Business or equivalent in (Internal) Communications, PR, Media Studies, Marketing, English or other relevant studies
• 4-6 years of related or equivalent combination of education and/or experience e.g. experience in internal communications in a multi-brand organization through internships or voluntary service
• Fluent in English
• Fluent Japanese
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.