Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage Consumer Experience Visual Merchandising and In-Store Communication Concept adaptations & iterations for APAC, in close collaboration with the Market and Country teams to ensure the brand adidas consumer experience in the region reflects the consumer and market distribution needs following a global guidance towards a consumer centric brand experience for all physical retail touchpoints across channels (Own Retail, Franchising and Wholesale).
This role is responsible for guiding and supporting the Market team with flawless execution of concepts & formats VM & ISC (hyper-localization), according to our Creative/Brand leadership & principles, resulting in world class consumer experience.
- Manage external agencies (in-store communication specialists; software agencies) for adaptations & Iterations specific for APAC, including required principles and guidelines.
- Partner with market roll-out relevant teams to create clear requirements and development of guidelines, structure and positioning for markets to execute concept ISC, whilst ensuring continued alignment to brand objectives and positioning (following defined global/local framework and operating model)
- Ensure input for concept ISC adaptations and iterations are captured from the Market based on defined ISC pre-requisites and align back with the market on final outcome following defined interaction model between market, HUB and Global.
- Manage the development, innovation and management of all Concept in-store communication training and compliance tools ensuring global consistency.
- Manage training, communication & best practice processes into the market place to ensure global consistency and excellence in execution at the point of sale.
- Monitor the retail industry (brick and mortar, wholesale and digital) for best practices to understand the trends and conceptualize new methods or processes whenever required. Manage monitoring methodology aligned with market, HUB and Global stakeholders.
- Manage industry leading innovations in ISC and ensure commerciality of ISC adaptations & Iterations in line with Market expectations, Consumer Experience expectations and Brand aspirations. Position ISC as a profit center contributor.
- Collaborate with all HUB teams as well as global brand design team in APAC and globally whenever required.
- Manage own objectives & priorities and ensure training to market place including a communication loop for implementation learning and further enhancements.
- Manage own projects and tasks requiring in depth knowledge and judgment within concept ISC and ensure alignment between HUB team and Market team. This alignment should also be ensured globally whenever required.
- Self-initiate assignments with emphasis on strategic, commercial and tactical focus
- Any additional projects or tasks defined by the line manager
- Global Consumer Experience teams
- Global Brand Design
- Brand Marketing BU’s and Brand Communications teams
- Brand Activation teams
- Omni Chanel Marketing team
- Merchandising team
- Sales Strategy & Excellence
- Market Store Development, VM & ISC, Merchandising, Marketing, Sales , HR, IT, Finance, DBC
- External Agencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge in retail in-store communication, combing theoretical with practical experience.
- Proven track record in new store environment / ISC creation and development
- Strong organisation skills and flexibility.
- Specialist in technical skills.
- Proven track record in project management.
- English fluent: verbal, written & spoken. Another European language is an advantage.
- IT: Microsoft Office advanced. iShopShape is an advantage.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Business or Marketing Degree.
- 6-10 years’ experience in retail in-store communication including fashion retailing.
- 2+ years working with Global markets or 1+ years working in a top tier adidas market.
- 2+ year’s management experience.